Girls For Technology - Building For Equity Summer '23 Cohort
Girls For Technology is a 501c3 nonprofit organization researching the needs of Black/Brown women-owned businesses throughout the State of Connecticut. Building For Equity was born to nurture small Black & Brown woman-owned businesses across the state and in our community.
The Girls For Technology Building For Equity Program is a 6-week training program for WOC business owners to acquire the needed training, mentorship, knowledge, and skills needed to gain access to capital.
This program will provide weekly masterclasses 2-days a week in the evening taught by leading industry experts on topics ranging from Venture 101, Perfecting your Pitch, How-to Raise Capital, Leveraging Social Media and much more. Participants can expect monthly coaching calls to reinforce learning, weekly assignments to assess knowledge transfer, monthly office hour check-ins, and a chance to pitch for business funding up to $20K at the end of the program.
Ten women will be selected to participate in our 6-week intensive program and participate in a live pitch event.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must identify as a Black or Latina woman
- Must commit to 6 weeks of program training meeting virtually twice a week. (Tuesdays & Thursdays 6 pm- 8 pm)
- The applicant business must be operating and generating revenue of no more than $250K annually.
- Must be located and operating your business within the State of Connecticut.
- Must be a business operating either in the E-commerce/CPG or Technology industries ( see definition below):
- Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) Company: items used daily by average consumers that require routine replacement or replenishment, such as food, beverages, clothes, makeup, household products, etc.
- Technology Company: focus on developing and manufacturing that uses leading-edge scientific and technological knowledge systemically and continuously to produce new goods and services with added value.
Participate in the Pitch Competition.
- Weekly Live Masterclasses taught by leading industry experts.
- Slack Community for contained networking, learning and resource sharing.
- Weekly assignments to help assist with knowledge transfer
- Connection to partner resources, Chance to Win up to $20k and more!
Although Black/Brown women-led businesses are currently up at a higher rate than anyone else in the US, we know that they often face unique challenges systemically.
If you have any questions, please email Latonia Tabb at email@example.com.