The ITLA Community Leadership Award recognizes sustained leadership in fostering and nurturing the International Transformative Learning Conference (ITLC) and the community association (ITLA).
The award recognizes sustained leadership in three areas:
- Making significant, innovative and developmental contributions to the long term success of the conference (ITLC).
- Advancing the work of the International Transformative Learning Association (ITLA).
- Working toward broadening global participation and inclusion in the ITLC and/or ITLA.
Process of Nomination:
Nominators should write a brief letter (no more than 500 words) describing why the candidate merits this award, addressing one or more of the three leadership areas listed above. Below is a list of activities that the nominator might consider:
- Serving on or chairing conference planning committees, such as proposal evaluation, planning and design of conferences, stewardship of ITLC philosophy and practice, publicity, coordination of proceedings, etc.
- Serving in the ITLA leadership circle or ad hoc committees
- Leadership during conference, such as facilitating activities, moderating panels, keynote speaker
- Actively promoting activities of ITLA and/or ITLC in diverse geographic locations
- Recruiting and mentoring new scholars
- Presenting research
- Consistent presence at ITLC
Nominations are due on or before February 1, 2024.