Contract for the Pre-Professional Division
This is a letter of agreement between the Roswell Dance Theatres’ Pre Professional Company (hereafter known as the “Company” and the Dancer
(Hereafter known as the “Member).
It is agreed:
Contract begins August 1, 2023.
Member agrees to rehearse and perform as a dancer for the Company for the 2023-2024 season in accordance with the Company’s rehearsal and performance schedule. The Director reserves the right to alter or amend the rehearsal schedule as necessary. Member must accept and perform all roles for which he/she is cast without question, including understudy roles. Understudy roles are very important in case of a dancer’s injury or illness, as well as for the experience itself. MEMBERS OF THE COMPANY ARE ADVISED NOT TO ANTICIPATE RECEIVING CERTAIN ROLES, to help prevent unexpected and unnecessary disappointments. Casting is at the absolute discretion of the Pre Pro Director (hereafter known as the “Director”). Casting will be guided by the director’s judgment and observations of class work and rehearsals.
In the event of illness or injury, Member must notify the director well before rehearsal begins. If Member is not contagious, they are still expected to attend rehearsal – watching and taking notes. If a class must be missed a written notice must be either e-mailed (email@example.com) or placed in the director’s folder three days prior to the class that you will miss. Dancers are allowed 3 EXCUSED ABSENCES from class. Classes may be made up by taking a lower-level class. This can only be taken with permission from the Director.
Member is allowed 3 EXCUSED REHEARSAL ABSENCES with a written notice. No dancer may miss a full run through rehearsal. There are absolutely no exceptions. Member will be released from this contract and forfeit their role in the production, if the rules are not applied.
Member is expected to maintain this commitment for the entire season. Member must be present and on time for all scheduled classes, rehearsals, performances and meetings, including adequate time for warm-up when necessary. Members cannot dance with another dance company other than Roswell Dance Theatre.
Members are to wear the following:
Ladies: An assigned leotard and skirt in the color designated to your level.
Men: Fitted shirt and tights (black, white, grey or navy).
Hair must be secured for the ladies. Appropriate shoes must be worn. No extra clothing is allowed – no exceptions. Dancers must have their own stage makeup. Full makeup must be worn for dress rehearsal and performance.
Members are responsible for their costumes, headpieces and props once they have been distributed at the theatre. All costumes must be on hangers when they are not wearing them. Headpieces must be secured tightly. Props should be checked and rechecked prior to the show. All pointe shoe ribbons should be sewn.
All members of the Pre-Pro Company are discouraged from speaking negatively about the Company or Company Members to other Company Members or anyone outside of the Roswell Dance Theatre. PrePro dancers should have a positive attitude and should set a good example for all company members. If there needs to be discussion about a concern that he/she may have, please speak to the Director.
You will be charged a $125.00 costume rental fee that must be paid before our Spring Concert. This covers the cleaning, making and mending of all the costumes that you will be wearing during the ballet.
Each dancer is responsible for selling 6 tickets to the Spring Concert. If siblings perform, the family will have a maximum or 8 required tickets to sell.
Pre-Pro monthly tuition is $220.00 per month. Payments are automatically deducted through your online Jack Rabbit account in addition to your monthly tuition. This amount is in addition to your regular monthly tuition and will be charged on a separate date during the month.
To Pre-Pro Trainees and Pre-Pro Understudies:
All the rules apply to you. You will rehearse during their classes and extra rehearsals may be needed. You will be required to attend all full-length run thru rehearsals on Saturdays. You will be informed of these dates well before they happen.
The preceding rules and understandings are important to the success of your participation with the Company. Please read them very carefully and agree to abide by them. If you choose to accept this contract, please acknowledge your agreement by signing and returning this letter.
Executed as of the last date shown below:
This Enrollment and Payment Agreement ("Agreement") is being entered into by and between the Roswell Dance Theatre ("RDT") and the "Dancer," or if Dancer is younger than 18 years of age, by the Dancer's Legal Guardian (the "Guardian"). In each case as applicable, Dancer (if 18 or over) or Guardian are sometimes referred to as the "Client."
For and in consideration of the Dancer’s acceptance into RDT and participation in the 2023-2024 dance season, and for other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and adequacy of which is hereby mutually acknowledged, RDT and the Client hereby agree as follows:
1. Enrollment: It is understood and agreed that enrollment in any class or company at RDT is an enrollment for the duration of the applicable season (as further detailed on the attached tuition and fee schedule (the “Fee Schedule”), subject to any rights reserved by RDT to terminate a dancer’s enrollment. As such, by accepting a class or company placement (either as or on behalf of a Dancer), Client accepts and acknowledges a commitment to pay all fees in full for the duration of that class or company placement. This payment obligation becomes binding upon Client’s execution of this Agreement and remains effective even if the Dancer quits or is requested to leave the company or class before the applicable program term ends.
2. Payment Terms: Client hereby agrees to pay to RDT the total annual cost for the Dancer’s applicable class enrollment. Fees are due and payable in advance upon enrollment and are nonrefundable. As a courtesy, and without waiving or affecting any of its rights or remedies reserved hereunder, RDT may allow Client to make monthly payments of enrollment fees (subject to credit approval and any other factors RDT reasonably considers relevant). This monthly payment courtesy may be extended, and remains revocable, solely at RDT’s discretion.
RDT may allow Client to make monthly payments in order to fulfill its financial obligation for the 2023-2024 season, per the terms of the attached payment schedule. RDT may revoke any such allowance at any time upon notice to Client at RDT’s sole discretion.
3. Default and Termination: Client shall be considered to be in default under the terms of this Agreement in the event the Client fails to make any payment as and when due hereunder. RDT may charge interest on all unpaid and overdue amounts at the lesser of (i) one percent (1%) per month, or (ii) the highest rate permitted by applicable law. If Client defaults hereunder, RDT may immediately terminate the Dancer’s participation in its program until such time as all late payments, together with any accrued interest, are received and cleared by RDT’s financial institution. RDT may also, at its sole discretion, refuse to allow the dancer to register for another season, and/or pursue any other remedies available to it at law or in equity. The Client further agrees to reimburse RDT for any and all expenses, costs, losses or damages incurred by RDT in enforcing the terms of this Agreement, including, without limitation, court costs and reasonable attorneys’ fees.
4. No Refunds: As a material consideration for RDT entering into this Agreement, Client represents and warrants that Client is financially solvent and has the financial ability to perform its obligations in a timely manner hereunder. Client hereby acknowledges that RDT will not pro-rate its fees, nor will any refunds be provided by RDT for any reason, including but not limited to withdrawal from the dance company, missed rehearsals/classes or injuries. Client further acknowledges that by signing this agreement, Client will be held responsible for all fees and expenses set forth herein even if the Dancer should choose not to participate in the RDT program. In the event the Dancer withdraws from RDT for any reason before all fees incurred hereunder are fully paid, Client agrees to pay the remaining balance within fifteen (15) days from the Dancer’s last day of participation.
5. No Waiver: Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, RDT may accept late payments, partial payments or delay enforcing any of its rights or remedies under this Agreement without prejudice to or the loss or limitation of any of its rights hereunder. RDT’s course of dealing with Client or any other client, or failure or delay in exercising any right or remedy under this Agreement shall not operate as a waiver of any such right or remedy, and its single or partial exercise of any right or remedy shall not preclude other or further exercise of that right or remedy or any other right or remedy available to it at law or in equity. RDT hereby reserves, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, all rights, and remedies available to it at law or in equity.
6. Miscellaneous: This Agreement shall be construed, interpreted, and enforced according to the laws of the State of Georgia, without regard to its choice of law rules. Venue for any action brought under this Agreement shall be in the appropriate court of competent jurisdiction (state or federal) located in Fulton County, Georgia, and each party hereto irrevocably submits and consents to the jurisdiction of such court(s). Client shall not raise, and hereby waives, any and all objection to venue in such courts that Client may have by reason of forum non conveniens or other objection. Whenever possible, each provision of this Agreement shall be interpreted in a manner as to be effective and valid under applicable law. If any provision of this Agreement shall be prohibited by or invalid under applicable law, that provision shall be ineffective to the extent of such prohibition or invalidity without invalidating the remainder of that provision or the remaining provisions of this Agreement. Client may not assign its rights or obligations under this Agreement without the prior written consent of RDT. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, RDT has no duty to mitigate damages under this Agreement. This Agreement may not be amended or altered orally, but only in writing signed by the party against whom enforcement of any provision is sought. This Agreement shall not be construed against either party as the drafter hereof, it being understood and agreed that this Agreement is a negotiated instrument, and each party to this Agreement has had full and adequate opportunity to review and discuss it with counsel of such party’s choice. The headings appearing at the beginning of the sections contained in this Agreement have been inserted for identification and reference purposes only and are not to be used in the construction and interpretation of this Agreement. This Agreement may be electronically signed and submitted by either party, and each party acknowledges and agrees to be bound by such electronic transmission (whether internet, email, facsimile or other) as if it was manually executed. This Agreement may be executed in counterparts, each of which shall constitute an original, but all of which together shall constitute one and the same instrument. Client’s payment obligations hereunder, and RDT’s rights and remedies hereunder, shall expressly survive any expiration or termination of this Agreement.
7. Signature and Acceptance: Client’s signature below signifies that (i) Client is at least 18 years old and intends to be bound by this Agreement; and (ii) Client has full capacity and authority to enter into this Agreement, as either the Dancer or the Guardian, and voluntarily undertakes the obligations contained herein.