Event Release and Waiver of Liability
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY ALL TERMS BEFORE SIGNING.
In consideration for Participant being permitted to participate in the Peaceful Planet Foundation(PPF) Gardening Event, the undersigned hereby acknowledges, consents, and agrees as follows:
1. That I am 18 years of age and older and have elected to voluntarily participate in Activities related to the PPF Gardening Event. Activities related to the PPF Gardening Event include weeding, cleaning garden beds, mulching, planting, harvesting and other similar activities related to tending a garden. I fully understand and agree that participating in the PPF Gardent Event involves certain known and unanticipated risks, including but not limited to pain, allergy, and anaphylaxis related to insect bites, exposure to poison ivy and other poisonous shrubs and plants, falls, and injury from garden tools. I understand that these risks and other unanticipated risks and hazards may result in personal or emotional injuries, exposure to COVID-19 and other infections, death, paralysis or other disability, transportation accidents, and loss or destruction of property.
2. I understand and agree that PPF and its board members and volunteers cannot be expected to eliminate all those risks even with the use of appropriate safety procedures and equipment. With full knowledge of those risks and that I will be responsible for bearing the cost of any treatment or other damages I or those I sign on behalf of may incur as a result of the occurrence of those or other risks, I have chosen to participate and or have allowed a child for whom I am responsible to participate in the Activities related to PPF Gardening Event.
3. I fully assume all risks associated with PPF Gardening Event including: intensive activity and exertion, causation or aggravation of a physical injury or medical condition, lack of warnings or inadequate warnings; lack of instructions, inadequate instructions, or my failure to follow instructions; slipping from slippery surfaces such as mats or floors; equipment failure; eating food or drinking beverage that is of high temperature or eating food for which I have allergies, and the like. I am fully aware of and accept the risks and hazards involved, and agree to assume full responsibility for any risks, conditions, injuries or damages, known or unknown, which I might incur or aggravate as a result of my participation in the Activities related to the PPF Gardening Event.
4. In consideration of being permitted to participate in the Activities related to the PPF Gardening Event, I knowingly, voluntarily and expressly waive any claim I may have against PPF, its affiliates, Officers, Directors, Members ,Volunteers, Blackshear Elementary School, Urban Harvest, for injury or damages that I may sustain as a result of participating in the Activities related to the PPF Gardening Event.
5. I, for myself and my heirs, assigns, successors, executors, administrators, and legal representatives hereby release, and agree that I will not sue PPF, its Affiliates, Officers, Directors, Volunteers, Servants and Employees, Blackshear Elementary School, Urban Harvest or the landlord of any premises at which PPF may operate, for money damages for personal injury or property damage sustained by me or my child during my use of, presence in, and/or participation in the facilities, equipment and Activities.
6. I, for myself and my heirs, assigns, successors, executors, administrators, and legal representatives hereby agree I will defend, indemnify and hold harmless PPF, its Affiliates, Officers, Directors, Volunteers, Servants and Employees, Blackshear Elementary School, Urban Harvest, or the landlord of any premises at which PPF may operate, from any and all claims, suits or demands by anyone arising from my use of, presence in, and/or participation in the facilities, equipment and Activities.
7. I also agree that if any portion of this agreement is found to be void or unenforceable the remaining portions will be remain in full force and effect. This Waiver and Release of Liability has no expiration date. This Agreement will be governed by Texas law with the venue in Houston, Harris County, Texas.
8. I grant my permission to the Released Party and any transferee or licensee or any of them, to utilize any photographs, motion pictures, videotapes, recordings and other references or records of the Activity which may depict, record or refer to me for any purpose (“Likeness”), including commercial use by the released parties, their sponsors and their licensees. This permission is for use anywhere in the world and on the Internet and for an unlimited period of time. I understand and agree that I will not be compensated or receive additional consideration for consenting to the use of my Likeness and that I will not be given a chance to receive, inspect or approve the promotional or marketing material, messages and/or content that may use my Likeness.
9. If participant is under the age of 18, I as a LEGAL GUARDIAN CONSENT TO THE ABOVE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
I have read the above release and waiver of liability and fully understand its contents. I voluntarily agree to the terms and conditions stated above. I understand that by signing my name below on the electronic form will be equivalent to signing my name on a paper document. If applicable both parents/guardians must sign in the signature box below.