The needs addressed by this fund are usually urgent, non-recurring, and involve relatively small costs. Emergency funds will be provided through Walmart gift cards. These can include various scenarios, including household supplies, food items, basic necessities, automotive needs, prescriptions, etc.
- Experienced an "unexpected" emergency in the past 30 days
- Be enrolled in at least 6 hours or in a Workforce/CE program listed below during the semester when the funding is being requested.
- dental assistant, phlebotomy, truck driving, CNA, EKG technician, pharmacy technician, medication aide, professional truck driving (CDL)
- Can demonstrate a current, non-recurring emergency need
- GPA will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis
- Summer applicants must have been enrolled in the previous spring semester or currently enrolled in a closed program (i.e., vocational nursing, OTA)
If additional information is requested, it must be provided within 24 hours, or you will need to reapply.
If you are awarded, cards must be picked up within 3 business days.