2023 Holiday in the Village Terms and Conditions
1. Booth location to be determined by McFarlane Promotions, Inc.
2. Check in time begins Saturday, December 2 between 9am and goes to 10:45am.
3. Vendors are required to be open for all event hours as stated on the top of this application. CLOSING BEFORE THE END OF EVENT OR STAYING OPEN AFTER EVENT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED AND IS GROUNDS FOR EXCLUSION FROM PARTICIPATION AT FUTURE EVENTS.
4. No booths rentals will be provided. Remember to bring your own canopies, tables, chairs, extension cords (at least 100 feet), power source/generator, lights and hand washing station for food vendors.
5. All business and other activity, for which the vendor has rented space, must be conducted within the designated booth space only. No distribution, canvassing, flyering, nor vending of any kind may is permitted on the festival grounds. Vendors are required to conduct business within the perimeter of their allotted space. No product, equipment or activities are permitted outside their footprint. Extra space may be purchased in advance.
6. Vendors must post prices in a legible manner and in a visible space within their booth.
7. The sale of alcoholic beverages of any kind is strictly prohibited. Additionally, due to sponsorship and contractual arrangements, only sponsor related water & beverages will be allowed to be sold. Any failure to comply with these beverage rules may result in expulsion from the event.
8. Consumption of alcoholic beverages by Vendor, volunteers or employees of Vendors at their booth is prohibited.
9. Vendors must provide trash receptacles for waste generated by their booth. Improper trash disposal is grounds for exclusion from participation at future events.
10. Vendors are required to obtain and display all necessary permits and / or licenses. McFarlane Promotions and the La Mesa Village Association are not liable and will not refund any fees or deposits in the event that any required permits/licenses etc. were not secured by vendor.
11. Each Vendor will be responsible for all of his / her own merchandise or equipment. McFarlane Promotions, Inc., the City of La Mesa, and the La Mesa Village Association will not be liable for any lost, stolen or misplaced merchandise or equipment at the event.
12. POWER: Power is not provided unless purchased in advance. Per City regulations, vendors are not permitted to supply their own power. All power must be ordered and purchased through the event and can be ordered on this form. Deadline to add power is two week before the event.
13. Vendors who ordered POWER must bring at least 100 feet of outdoor rated electric cord to access. Power is not available overnight.
14. INSURANCE: Vendors must provide proof of general liability insurance and add McFarlane Promotions, the City of La Mesa and the La Mesa Village Association as additionally insured. Instructions will be emailed to you immediately upon submitting this form.
ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR FOOD VENDORS
1. All food Vendors must meet and follow all City of San Diego Health Department and Fire Department Guidelines.
2. Vendors must obtain a City of San Diego Health Permit (call 858.505.6690).
3. All food items must be stored inside the allotted space, covered and off the ground.
4. San Diego Health Department requires that vendors provide appropriate cleaning materials as well as a hand-washing setup. Running water is not provided on the grounds of the event.
5. Containers of butane or fuel must be affixed to a post or other secure item.
6. All food Vendors must observe all terms and conditions as listed elsewhere in this application.
SPILL KIT AND TARP REQUIREMENT
TARP: Food vendors must lay a durable, waterproof, grease-resistant tarp under the perimeter of your space plus two feet around all sides. This includes any space you are using outside of your tent. It is very expensive to clean up after grease and spill messes so this requirement will be enforced (this means, even if you are all set up, and are in the process of cooking, we will require you to install the tarp after the fact) so please do this when you arrive when it is easiest to do so.
Vendors will be charged for cleaning any grease or oil spills or splatter which can often be in the hundreds of dollars.
SPILL KITS: All food vendors are required to have a Spill Kit on site which consists of: Cloth towels, paper towels, clean water and an absorbent such as kitty litter or sand.