*****SOLOS/DUETS/TRIOS ARE AT THE APPROVAL OF THE DANCE TEACHER AND MUST BE DONE WITH THE TEACHER THAT INSTRUCTS THE GENRE AND THE STUDENT MUST BE REGISTERED AND PARTICIPATING IN THAT CLASS GENRE****
Students and parents are invited to fill out a form if they are interested in participating in a solo, duet or trio. Filling out a form does not guarantee you a spot. If the teacher feels that the interested dancers are demonstrating good attendance and participation in class as well as being prepared to compete on stage only then will they be selected.
There will be scheduled dates and times at the studio to learn choreography. Official dates and times will be decided once all entries are confirmed. These rehearsals are mandatory. If students cannot make it to one or more of these scheduled practices, they must be made up at the expense of the student. If a student misses one of these practices without explanation, they may be withdrawn from competition entirely at the discretion of the teacher.
If your child is interested in a solo, duet or trio, please fill out the attached registration form and return it to your instructor no later than October 1, 2023.
ALL SOLOS/DUETS/TRIOS WILL REQUIRE A PAYMENT PLAN.
IF AT ANY TIME CHEQUES ARE NSF OR NO LONGER VALID, YOUR CHILD WILL BE REMOVED FROM CLASS, NO EXCEPTIONS.
ONCE REGISTERED IN A SOLO AN PARTICIPATING IN CLASS, FULL PAYMENT IS REQUIRED
THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS ONCE INSTRUCTION HAS STARTED. COSTUMES/COMPETITION FEES WILL BE REFUNDED IF DROPPED PRIOR TO REGISTRATION OF COMPETITIONS/COSTUME ORDERING. TEACHER FEES WILL NOT BE REFUNDED
Solos/Duets/Trios - Rules and Regulations
1. All solos and duets must be enrolled with Dance Aberdeen in the group genre of the style they are interested in taking. Some exceptions may apply, but only at the discretion of the instructor and the approval of the board(example a group genre is not available to the student)
2. Payments are payable to Dance Aberdeen. Costs include teacher fees, and competition fees COSTS DO NOT INCLUDE COSTUME and are as follows:
Solos - $300/dancer for a minimum of 5 hours of instruction
Duets - $200/ dancer for a minimum of 5 hours of instruction
Trios - $200/ dancer for a minimum of 5 hours of instruction
3. By participating in an extra dance please be advised that an invoice will be sent home following registration and acceptance of the solo/duet/trios. Costs will be paid directly to the teacher by the club.
4. A fee of $70 per solo/duet/trio must be paid prior to October 15 to ensure costumes are ordered if required. All costumes are at individuals cost and not included in the pricing. ALL COSTUMES MUST BE APPROVED BY THE INSTRUCTOR
5. Video-taping is mandatory for each private lesson your child attends. A camera or video-camera is acceptable. Please bring the camera to each lesson, or have someone bring a phone for taping in the last 5-10 minutes of each lesson. This helps your child practice at home!!
6. Remember to remind your child that it is their responsibility to be practicing between lessons and ensure they spend adequate time practicing their number. Spending a minimum of 2 hours a week of practice time! In the event that the child does not practice, It is up to the teacher’s discretion if you will only be allowed to perform your routine at the recital, not competitions. You will also not be refunded your fees .
7. E-mail is the main method of communication. It is your responsibility to make sure you are keeping informed of when lessons are scheduled. Schedules for private lessons will always be posted at the dance studio.
Dance Aberdeen Liability Release Form, Assumption of Risk, and Agreement. The Parent or Guardian attesting/agreeing to these terms must attest to the understanding and agreement by selecting the boxes and be 18 years of age or older