KCVC Boarding Policies:
1. VACCINATIONS: Dogs and cats are required to be current on vaccinations and have a negative fecal test. For dogs these are Rabies, DA2P-P, Bordetella, Influenza, and a Fecal Test. For cats this includes Rabies, FVRCP, and a Fecal Test.
2. SUNDAY RELEASES: Pets may be checked out at Kansas City Veterinary Care, L.C., 7240 Wornall Rd Kansas City, MO, from 4:45 p.m. 5:15 p.m, on Sunday only if prior arrangements have been made. There is an additional $35 release fee for Sunday. Payments are not accepted on Sunday. We ask that you pre-pay for these services at check-in.
3. CHANGE OF CHECK-OUT DAY OR TIME: Please give 24-hour notification if there will be a change of check-out date or time. Baths may not be able to be given if changes in check-out dates or time are made without prior notification.
4. PERSONAL ITEMS: Please clearly mark all personal items with permanent marker. We are happy to provide your pet with blankets from our own supply. Kansas City Veterinary Care, L.C., will not be responsible for any lost or damaged personal items.
5. All pets boarding with us will be treated with Capstar, a very safe and effective oral flea adulticide upon admission to prevent infestation and/or transmission of fleas during their stay.
This is a contract between Kansas City Veterinary Care. L.C., (KCVC) and the pet owner whose signature appears on the boarding form thereinafter called the Owner.
1. Owner agrees to pay the rate for boarding in effect on the date the pet is checked in to KCVC.
2. Owner further agrees to pay all costs and charges for special services requested, including but not limited to playtime, grooming and training, and all veterinary costs for the pet during the time said pet is in the care of KCVC.
3. By signing this contract and leaving his/her pet with KCVC. Owner certifies to the accuracy of all information given about said pet. 4. KCVC shall exercise reasonable care to pet delivered by the Owner to KCVC for boarding. The owner further agrees to be solely responsible for any and all acts of behavior of said pet while it is in the care of KCVC.
5. All pets are to be boarded or trained, transported to and from Owner's premises or to and from other designated pet depot or depots, or otherwise handled and cared for by KCVC without liability. with due diligence and care having been exercised.
6. Owner specifically represents that he or she is the sole owner of the pet, free
and clear of all liens and encumbrances.
7. Owner specifically represents to KCVC that the pet has not been exposed to rabies or distemper within the thirty-day period prior to boarding.
8. If pet becomes ill or if the state of the animal's health otherwisee requires professional attention, KCVC, in its sole discretion may engage the services of a veterinarian and the expenses thereof shall be paid by the Owner.
9. All charges incurred by the Owner shall be payable upon pick-up of the pet. KCVC shall have, and is hereby granted, a lien on the pet for any and all unpaid charges resulting from boarding, training, and veterinary services provided at KCVC. The Owner hereby agrees that in the event of any charges incurred while boarding are not paid when due in accordance with this contract, KCVC may exercise lien rights upon ten days written notice given by KCVC to Owner via certified mail to address shown on contract. KCVC may dispose of pet for any and all unpaid charges at private or public sale, in the sole discretion of KCVC. and Owner specifically waives all statutory or legal rights to the contrary. If such sale shall not secure a price adequate to pay such costs of board or other charges delinquent, plus cost of sale, then Owner shall be liable to KCVC for the difference. All monies realized by KCVC at such sale. over and above the charges due and cost of sale shall be paid by KCVC to the Owner.