1. Children will not be released to anyone not listed in the enrollment form unless advised by the parent, with provided written consent 24hrs in advance.
2. A non-refundable fee of $25 per student is due at time of Registration, per session. This will go towards supplies needed.
3. The selected package tuition fees are due on the date that is on your invoice from ROOTS or by the Registration deadline; no refunds for absenteeism due to illness, inclement weather, etc.
4. Supplies needed: Your child does NOT need to bring any consistent supplies to workshops. Less is more here! If special supplies are needed for an individual workshop, this will be communicated in advance via email by ROOTS staff. This will be VERY infrequent and will only consist of items around the house and/or traditional school supplies.
5. Dress Code: Please ensure your child will come to each workshop with "play" clothing on; assume they may get messy. All students will need closed-toed shoes or boots. If applicable, please apply sunscreen prior to arrival and/or supply sunglasses/hat. Please ensure your child is dressed to go outside, wearing seasonally appropriate clothing: including jackets, hats, gloves, etc.
6. Drop Off Policy: Parents can wait in their vehicles, but parents are encouraged to relax on the cabin's front porch area/Parent Lounge while their child participates in their workshop. This allows parents time to connect with like-minded families! If your child is 2yrs-3yrs old, parents will stay to participate in their toddler's class. Ages 4+, parents will wait in designated lounge areas.
Parents are NOT permitted to participate in the workshops with their child. (This is to eliminate distractions and encourage child independence) There may be opportunities for parents to join selected workshops; this will be communicated in advance, if applicable. *If your child is in the Explorers class, you will remain with your child during class. (Explorers are ages 18mos-early 3yrs)
7. Late Pick up Policy: Please pick up at the exact time of workshop ending. If you are greater than 5min late picking up your child, there will be a $5 per 10min late fee.
8. Refund Policy: Packages purchased are non-refundable regardless of child attendance and the full amount required at time of enrollment. R.O.O.T.S. will hold classes rain or shine! No refunds will be issued in the event of a State-of-Emergency weather status. In the event of a government mandated closure (COVID-19), 50% of your remaining package will be refunded. There will be no availability for make-up classes.
9. Student Behavior Policy: all students, parents, and staff are expected to be kind and courteous to all members of ROOTS.
Aggressive behavior is not permitted. This includes, but is not limited to: roughhousing, biting, punching, kicking, spitting, and name-calling.
All members are expected to use care with all belongings and property.
Adults who are leading group activities have the authority to verbally correct (kindly ask) a child engaging in disruptive or inappropriate behavior. If the child does not respond to verbal correction and the behavior persists, he or she will be asked to visit the “Regulation Station” with another trained staff member of ROOTS which will help the child self-regulate, cool down, and will encourage expression of feelings. When the child is able, they will rejoin their class.
Any conflict resolution needed between students will involve the assistance of trained ROOTS staff.
The parents will be made aware of any behavioral concerns by a Teacher or Director and will work together to formulate a game plan on how to meet the child’s needs while attending ROOTS.
10. COVID-19 Policy: Masks will be optional for students, staff, and parents while indoors at ROOTS, unless there is a State Mask Mandate- then because ROOTS is a LLC, we must follow the rules of this mandate, as written. There will be no-refunds if a mask mandate is implemented from the state.
11. This program does not discriminate against anyone regardless of race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, or national origin.
12. If you are a parent with a currently enrolled child that would like to volunteer for ROOTS the following is required:
-A phone interview with a program Director.
-We recommend our volunteers attend our staff meetings and trainings as they are for the betterment of all ROOTS children.
-Agree to follow all of ROOTS SOPs.
-Agree to volunteer for a class that your child is not currently enrolled in. (ie: if your child is a Pathfinder, you may volunteer for the Pioneers or Explorers group). This policy was written to promote student independence and potentially prevent behavioral challenges as previously seen.
*We love our volunteers and ROOTS family, however, at this time we are not always able to accommodate all those who wish to volunteer.
13. Group Assignment Policy: Assigned per age group at checkout.
14. Sick Policy: Please do not bring your child to ROOTS if they are sick or have been sick within the last 72hrs. Sick as defined as the following signs/symptoms (but not limited to) within the last 72hrs: fever, diarrhea, stomach pains, cough, sore throat, nausea, abnormal headaches etc. There will be no refunds for absenteeism due to illness; there are no makeup classes available.
15. Please ensure that you have read the Student Handbook carefully and you agree to follow the instructions. By signing this, you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions within the Student Handbook.
I agree to all of the terms and conditions listed above in the Student Handbook for all of my children currently enrolled into the ROOTS Youth Development Program by signing this form: