The Equine Owner agrees to provide the following and assume the costs of: Negative Coggins (EIA) test Halter and lead (required, brake away preferred) Shipping boots, blanket(s) and other arrangements (tack, feed)
4. Transporter Does Not Carry Equine Insurance Equine Owner fully understands that Transporter does not carry any insurance on the Horse(s) for transporting or for any other purposes, whether public liability, accidental injury, theft or equine mortality insurance, and that all risks connected with transporting and all associated activities for which the Horse(s) is/are in the possession of, and/or on the premises of, Transporter are to be borne by the Equine Owner. Transporter strongly recommends equine mortality insurance be obtained by Equine Owner prior to transport.
5. Equine Owner's Agreement Equine Owner understands that there are inherent dangers associated with the transport of horses. These risks include, but are not limited to, Horse(s) falling or hitting wall(s ramp(s) and/or other objects during loading or while trailer is in motion, Horse(s) reacting to stress, external stimulation or actions by other Horse(s) and becoming physically injured as a result. For these and other reasons, Horse(s) may sustain injuries or die. Additionally, during transport, trailer in which Horse(s) is/are enclosed may be involved in a traffic accident which could cause injury or death to Horse(s Acknowledging the dangers and risks of equine transport, Equine Owner fully assumes the risks associated with transport by Transporter and agrees not to file or pursue any causes of action and/or legal claims against Transporter and/or Transporter's representatives, employees and/or agents in connection with the transport of Horse(s
Equine Owner understands that laws may intend to prevent Equine Owner from waiving legal claims ofwhich the Equine Owner is not aware at the time of signing of this release of liability. Any such laws and associated intent therein notwithstanding, Equine Owner agrees to a waiver of all claims, whether known or unknown, including those that Equine Owner may have under such laws.
7. Indemnification by Equine Owner Equine Owner agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Transporter with respect to all claims, demands and/or causes of action, including legal fees and costs arising in connection with any action brought by third parties related to Transport of Horse(s) and associated activities.
8. Damaged Equipment Equine Owner agrees to have any of Transporter's equipment that is damaged by Horse(s) repaired or replaced within 30 days of the date of reporting of said damage to Equine Owner by Transporter.
9. Emergency Veterinary Care Equine Owner authorises Transporter to obtain necessary veterinary care for the Horse(s) in the event of an emergency and assumes all financial responsibility for that care. Equine Owner is advised to secure the related insurance for their Horse(s Transporter will take reasonable measures to ensure the safety and health of Horse(s) in transit.
10. Governing Law and Venue This Agreement shall be governed by Scots Law.
11. Severability If any provision of this Agreement or the application thereof to any person or circumstances is found to be invalid, such invalidity shall not affect other provisions or application of this Agreement. If any provision of this Agreement isfound to be invalid, there shall be substituted a valid, legal and enforceable provision that is as similar as possible as the invalid provision.
12. Charges There is no charge for use of the transporter. However the Equine Owner should discuss and agree to cover costs of use with the Yard Manager in advance of use.
13. Delivery Delivery personnel must be the Equine Owner, or a person authorised in writing by Equine Owner to accept delivery.