1. She must be a good role model who cares about her title
2. She must serve as a representative for the Barnesville Pumpkin Festival
3. She must be considered both talented and intelligent
4. She must take pride in her community and manner in which she conducts herself
5. She must never have been convicted of a misdemeanor or felony
6. She must never have been pregnant or is pregnant
7. She must be female
8. She must conduct herself in a ladylike manner at all times (which includes no smoking, drinking, drug use, foul language, innapropriate attire, etc.)
9. She must wear appropriate attire at all times when traveling. This includes, but is not limited to, abiding by the luncheon dress codes, wearing gowns to festivals unless given permission by committee members to wear sundresses/jumpsuits/business attire, and traveling in appropriate attire that allows her to put on her crown and sash immediately and represent the festival. No leggings, short skirts, high slits, plunging necklines or revealing attire. If in doubt, ask!
10. Chaperones must dress in appropriate attire when traveling. This includes, but is not limited to, festival t-shirt, dress clothes or festival/luncheon themed attire. No short skirts/shorts, see through leggings or revealing attire.
11. Contestant may compete in other pageants with permission from the Barnesville Pumpkin Festival as long as they do not interfere with her responsibilities.
12. The Queen must attend 10 Ohio Festival and Events Association regulated events and provide proof in the form of a button or charm
13. The Princess must attend 7 Ohio Festival and Events Association regulated events and provide proof in the form of a button or charm
14. The Mini Miss must attend 5 Ohio Festival and Events Association regulated events and provide proof in the form of a button or charm
15. Parent's/Legal Guardians of royalty will serve as chaperones at festivals and be responsible for submitting paperwork and payments to each festival in a timely manner
16. All royalty must make their presence known at the Barnesville Pumpkin Festival throughout the week and attend the festival a minimmum of three days
17. The Royalty and Courts must attend the Queen's Luncheon, participate in the parade and ceremonies following the parade
18. The Royalty must attend opening ceremonies and attend as many other events during the festival as possible
19. Winners must return to the Barnesville Pumpkin Festival the following year to crown their successors, organize the Queen's Luncheon and participate in the parade
20. Anyone who breaks these rules will have consequences that include, but are not limited to, inability to participate in the Barnesville Pumpkin Festival Pageant again, relinquishing their title and all prizes and honors connected with the Barnesville Pumpkin Festival.
*Any discrepencies will be left up to the Barnesville Pumpkin Festival Committee