Terms of Entry:
OZ New Orleans and The Mystic Krewe of Apollo de New Orleans, including members, staff and management, or agents acting on their behalf, shall be free of any liability for injury to myself or liability for the damage or loss of any personal property because of my participation in the Mr. and Miss Apollo New Orleans contest. I further understand that and agree:
1. If selected as Mr. or Miss Apollo New Orleans 2024, will appear at the annual Bal Masque, scheduled for January 13, 2024. My failure to do so will result in the forfeiture of at least half of the total $500 in cash prizes awarded because of being selected as Mr. or Miss Apollo New Orleans 2024, as well as relinquishing my title and returning all other tangible prizes awarded to me (including, but not limited to crown/medallion, pin, and sash I further understand that by making this appearance, I may be requested to execute a costume onstage and that I may or may not receive additional benefits because of this appearance. These benefits, as well as my on-stage performance, will be at the sole discretion of the Captain of Bal Masque or of his designee(s), and any additional expense incurred because of my appearances will be my sole responsibility.
2. If selected as Mr. or Miss Apollo New Orleans 2024. will, at a minimum, appear at these additional Krewe events: Rush Party, Announcement Party, and returning to relinquish my title. Failure to do so may (at the Apollo New Orleans board's discretion) result in forfeiture of the title and return of all or part of the prizes conveyed to me or to be conveyed to me.
3. If selected as Mr. or Miss Apollo New Orleans 2024. will appear as a representative and/or spokesperson for The Mystic Krewe of Apollo de New Orleans at functions designated by MKA New Orleans, either paid or unpaid. may be able to accept gratuities at fundraisers going toward costs for Mr. and Miss National Apollo preparations or other events. At some appearances, however, I may be expected to donate my tips to a particular fundraiser or cause.
4. If selected as Mr. or Miss Apollo New Orleans 2024, I will be required to represent MKA New Orleans in the Mr. and Miss National Apollo 2024 Contest. I further understand that my failure to do so will result in the forfeiture of the Mr. or Miss Apollo New Orleans title and the return of all prizes awarded to me at that point (including. but not limited to, prize money. crown/medallion, pin, and sash) - and that I may be required to repay the National Apollo Contest Entry Fee paid on my behalf if I back out of the contest too late for MKA-NOLA to offer entry to another contestant of its choosing. In addition, I understand that any expenses incurred, other than the entry fee paid by MKA-NOLA, because of my participation in the National Apollo Contest (travel, accommodations, etc shall be my sole responsibility.
5. If selected as Mr. or Miss Apollo New Orleans 2024, I will hold the title for approximately one year or until my successor has been selected. I understand that it will be my responsibility to organize and produce (in conjunction with my accompanying title holder and krewe officers) the Mr. and Miss Apollo 2025 competition as my required fundraiser for Apollo New Orleans. I further agree that will carry out all of my duties to the best of my ability and that I understand any failure to do so or any act of mine that brings dishonor to my title may lead to being stripped of my title and the return of all prizes.
6. By participating in this contest, I agree to allow my likeness or images to be used in any publications by, for, or about the Mystic Krewe of Apollo de New Orleans, including all printed material or materials that may appear on the Internet.
7. I attest I understand the judges' decision is final, and I will hold harmless MKA-NOLA and OZ New Orleans.
8. By affixing my legal name and/or signature to this application, I do affirm that am at least 21 years of age, and I attest all statements of fact presented above are true, to the best of my knowledge. I further attest that all agreements stated here-in are a legally binding contract between myself and the Mystic Krewe of Apollo de New Orleans.