KNOW ALL MEN BY THESE PRESENTS that I am submitting my application for Civil Air Patrol Special Activities or Encampments, and I hereby volunteer entirely upon my own initiative, risk, and responsibility for an assignment to participate in this activity of encampment at the first available opportunity and with full knowledge that such activity may include:
1. Traveling by land, sea, or air in US military, commercial, or privately owned vehicles from regular place or residence to the site of the activity or encampment, travel incident to the activity or encampment, and subsequent return to place of residence.
2. Participation in aeronautical activities as a passenger or student trainee in US military, commercial, or privately ownedaircraft.
3. Living for a period of one week or more on diminished rations and minimal shelter simulating actual survival conditions.
4. Being quartered and/or subsisting away from regular or normal place of residence for an extended period of time.
5. Remaining with the cadet group I am assigned to at all times during the activity or encampment.
6. Acting as a spokesman for Civil Air Patrol, rendering reports on the activity or encampment.
7. Refraining from argumentative discussions concerning governmental policies.
In consideration of the permission extended to me by the Civil Air Patrol/United States of America through its officers and agents to participate in said activity/encampment or activities/encampments, I do hereby for myself, my heirs, executors, and administrators release and forever discharge the Civil Air Patrol, Inc./United States of America, and all its officers, agents, and employees acting official or otherwise, from any and all claims, demands, actions, or causes of action, on account of my death or on account of any injury to me or my property which may occur as a result of the negligence of the Civil Air Patrol/United States of America, its agents or employees during said activity/encampment or activities/encampments or continuances thereof, as well as all ground and flight operations incident thereto.