Each Confirmation Candidate needs to select a Confirmation Name. Here are some guidelines from the Archdiocese:
• Candidates may use their baptismal name or another Christian name when receiving the Sacrament of Confirmation.
• A Christian name would be the name of a saint or blessed.
• Derivatives of names (Kelly for Catherine; Jenna for Genevieve) or Old Testament names are also appropriate.
• Candidates may use their first or second names if they are Christian names, or they may select a new Christian name.
• The candidate should know the relationship of the name to the religious Christian tradition.
• Most importantly, candidates should be encouraged to learn about their patron as part of their preparation for the sacrament and should particularly focus on the virtues of the patron they wish to emulate.
Contact Brian Mase at email@example.com or 262-343-2370 with questions.