Established by local community members who care about scouting, the Scouting Support Fund is intended to support all manner of scouting activities, particularly in the Carbon County region and in lower Luzerne and northern Schuylkill Counties, especially the Greater Hazleton area.
Scouting organizations in the Carbon County region and the Greater Hazleton area are welcome to apply for funds to assist:
- Local youth groups to complete special projects
- Individual scouts to complete service projects
- Defray the cost of attending camp (for the entire group or specific individuals, based on financial need)
- Activities to honor Scouts when they obtain a high rank in Scouting, such as becoming an Eagle Scout
- To help cover the cost of Court-of-Honors and other such Scouting award presentations
- For the physical maintenance/improvement of Scout camps
- For the purchase of tents, cooking gear, or other related camping equipment and supplies by Scouting Units
- Any other Scouting-related project, activity, function, or program by Scouting Units or by individual Scouts
Individuals/families are welcome to apply on behalf of children wishing to attend camp. Camperships will be awarded based on financial need, and will be paid directly to qualified nonprofit organizations on behalf of individual campers.
Application Deadline: April 5, 2024
Please complete the form below to submit your application. Ideally, an adult 18+ (Scoutmaster or Parent/Guardian) will complete the application. If this is not the case, please indicate in the notes that you are a minor applicant.
If multiple scouts from one troop would like to apply for campership assistance, we prefer to receive one application on behalf of the whole troop (as opposed to individual applications). If multiple children from one family are applying, we only need one application on behalf of the whole family.
You may save your work and return to finish and submit the application later. A link to your saved application will be sent to the email address you enter in the first question, so please confirm there are no typos in that response. If the wrong email address is entered, your application will be lost.
Contact the Carbon County Community Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org or 610-730-2526 if you have questions or want to discuss your application before submitting it.