Apply by 8/4/2023 for priority consideration.
Position will remain open until filled.
OAK advances regenerative organic agriculture in Kentucky to improve the health of the environment and communities by growing ecological resilience, economic viability and socially just futures for Kentucky farmers. As a stakeholder-driven organization, OAK provides educational programming, technical assistance and market-based activities to support thriving farms and food systems across the region.
Are you a marketing-focused strategic thinker and relationship-builder with experience working with farmers and familiarity with Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) or local food systems? OAK is seeking a Marketing and Outreach Coordinator to support a thriving network of Kentucky farms by increasing sales of CSA and other farm-grown and -raised products through a variety of market channels. The Coordinator will work to create marketing content and develop expanded sales opportunities for OAK’s statewide network of participating farms. This position will report to the Marketing and Outreach Program Manager.
The Coordinator will operate primarily out of a home office, with regular car travel for meetings and events, which could include occasional overnight travel in Kentucky. Additionally, all employees are required to attend 2-3 annual in-person staff meetings and OAK’s annual in-person Organic Farming Conference, which takes place each January in Kentucky. Employees must comply with OAK’s Employee Handbook and Policies.
Equal Opportunity Employer
OAK welcomes your application. Employees shall be selected entirely on a nondiscriminatory basis with respect to age, ancestry, disability, ethnicity, familial status, gender, gender identity, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status and all other categories provided nondiscriminatory treatment by law, statute or ordinance. OAK’s job descriptions are general and are not considered a mandatory or comprehensive list. If you feel passionate about OAK’s efforts and believe that you have the skills to contribute to the growth of the organization in the identified program area and related activities, please apply to join OAK today.
- Participate in the development of the annual Marketing and Outreach work plan.
- Implement, track progress and report on activities according to the work plan, with guidance from the Marketing and Outreach Manager.
- Coordinate activities for the Kentucky Farm Share Coalition, OAK’s CSA program, such as:
- Participating in the recruitment of new employers into the program, including initial outreach for the program and setting up program logistics with employer partners.
- Assisting in outreach for the workplace wellness CSA Voucher Program through health and wellness networks and at business events.
- Building and maintaining regional partnerships with CSA farmers and organizations.
- Participating in event development and logistics, providing support to staff and partners in carrying out community and employer education about CSA.
- Planning and facilitating partner meetings to coordinate collaborative events or special projects such as Spring and Fall CSA Fair events and promotion.
- Create engaging and focused messaging to elevate CSA and seasonal eating through social media.
- Network with wellness professionals and decision makers and engage in "food as health" conversations.
- Plan and coordinate outreach and marketing events, including chef demonstrations, cooking classes or tabling events.
- Design and deliver programming that is inclusive of historically underserved farmers and underserved Kentucky communities.
- Contribute written content to newsletters, reports and presentations for the program area.
- Serve as a contributing team player who willingly supports organizational efforts in alignment with the strategic plan and who models the organizational values.
- Track and report on activities related to program goals and grant deliverables.
- Complete monthly timesheet and expense report; attend weekly staff calls, supervisory meetings, team meetings, staff retreats and other staff social gatherings and participate in providing feedback on annual work plans.
Qualifications and Competencies
- 3+ years of experience in local food systems, marketing, communications or related fields.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Demonstrated commitment to exemplary equity focused approach; a commitment to maintaining a supportive, functional, service-oriented workplace.
- Confident and proactive in a marketing, networking building and outreach role.
- A committed interest and familiarity with organic and regenerative agriculture, local food systems, and the CSA model.
- Highly organized with strong time management skills.
- Strong and effective written and verbal communication.
- Content design and layout experience preferred, but not required.
- Ability and commitment to steward comprehensive program documentation.
- Familiarity or comfort with using or learning Google Drive, Asana for project management, Canva for design and content creation.
- Strong and effective written and verbal communication to create program marketing materials, reports and presentations.
- Ability to engage with a work plan and carry out project tasks both independently and as part of a team with a high standard of excellence.
- Handle confidential information with discretion.
- Ability and interest in working from a home office or similar remote work environment.
- Kentucky residence, valid Kentucky driver's license, access to vehicle for regular work related travel and proof of current car insurance.
*The job post is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of every activity, duty or responsibility that is required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change slightly or be added depending on the needs of the organization.
This is a full-time exempt position funded by a two year grant, with the potential to continue dependent on available funding. Annual salary is based on qualifications and is negotiable within the range of $45,000-$50,000. Benefits include health insurance reimbursement; SIMPLE IRA retirement match; flexible scheduling; paid holidays; and a generous leave policy. A work computer is provided and work-related travel expenses are reimbursed.
How to Apply
Submit an application for this position by completing the form below.
- Provide complete information to the questions.
- Upload a PDF of your cover letter tailored to this position at OAK
- Upload a PDF of your resume.
- Use this naming convention for file uploads:
- First Name_Last Name_Cover Letter
- First Name_Last Name_Resume
Initial interviews will be conducted remotely via Zoom. Three professional references will be requested and are required upon scheduling a second interview. Apply by 8/4/2023 for priority consideration. Job posting will remain open until the position is filled. Anticipated start date for this position is early September 2023. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com. Learn more about OAK at www.oak-ky.org.
Submit your application below.