The Learning Action Beat Buffet is seeking creative individuals who have an interest in beat making and hip hop arts, arts entrepreneurship and individual and communal healing to engage in the Learning Action Beat Buffet (LABB). The LABB is a series of 11 beat creation and performance sessions for borderland youth ages 15-25 years old. Sessions will be guided and supported by local and national beat producers and focused on reviewing the history and culture of contemporary beat making, tracing beat making’s connection to traditional drumming techniques and engaging beat making as a healing tool. Equipment and snacks are provided. Space is limited to a maximum of 10 participants. Participants must commit to attend, at most, 1-2 sessions per month for the program period.
Learning Action Beat Buffet participants will:
- Learn the history of traditional drumming and beat making for healing and community building
- Receive hands on instruction and practice on beat hardware in a supportive and focused environment
- Attend presentations from local & national beat makers
- Participate in community performances
- Go on field trips to discover local beat making resources & artists
Please complete the form below to apply by October 7th. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Thanks!