The first awards program specifically for book collaborations. Taking its name from the “and” that underpins creative cooperation, the Andies winners will be announced at the first-ever national convention of professional ghostwriters on January 22, 2024 in New York City.
Collaborative projects have increasingly distinguished themselves as outstanding nonfiction performers. They are among the most popular and well-reviewed nonfiction books in circulation, often appearing on bestseller lists. The process of collaboration not only enhances the quality of a work, it enables narratives that might have gone untold and ideas that might have gone unexpressed to reach the marketplace.
The Andies recognize the quality of the work and the collaborative process in three categories of book collaboration:
- Business and Thought Leadership;
- Memoir and Narrative Nonfiction; and
- Prescriptive Nonfiction.
Eligibility and Rules
- The Andy Awards (“the Andies”) are open to any book published as a result of a collaboration between an author (principal) and a writer (ghostwriter or collaborator).
- Both author and writer must agree to jointly submit the book for consideration and agree that the award shall be jointly awarded and shared.
- The book must be published in the English language.
- The book must be published by either a trade publisher, a self-publishing platform, or a hybrid publishing service.
- The publication date must be between January 1, 2022, through June 30, 2023, (“eligibility window”).
- The book must have been available for purchase during the eligibility window.
Please read full guidelines at https://gothamghostwriters.com/eligibility-and-rules/