The City of Charlotte is poised to make a final decision on what to do with the remaining 29 acres of Eastland Mall! On July 10th after an intensive diligence process, the staff from the City of Charlotte, Meck County and CRVA recommended moving forward with the QC East bid.
The QC East development is led by three proven local operators: Charlotte Soccer Academy- the southeast's premier amateur soccer organization, Southern Entertainment- a leading hospitality, cultural arts and musical events production company that has been headquartered in Charlotte since 1994. Carolina Esports Hub is a company focused on Esports, STEM education, recruiting services, and workforce training.
QC East will include a diverse slate of Athletics, Education, Hospitality and Entertainment offerings:
· 6 regulation athletic fields that will be used for recreational and competitive amateur sports (Soccer, Flag Football, Lacrosse, Etc.), and available for community use.
· A Food & Beverage village for restaurants and community gatherings.
· A 20,000 square foot auditorium suitable for esports gaming competitions, live music performances and other cultural arts and entertainment events.
· Annual Festivals and Event programming that will feature multiple music genre’s, diverse mix of culinary and cultural arts and entertainment.
Jobs & Economic Impact: (based on study from independent 3rd party research firm):
· $111 million in annual economic impact,
· 683 full time equivalent jobs,
· 5.8 million in annual city and county tax collections.
Do you support this transformative project? Sign below!