Job Description for Worship Minister SWCC
Purpose of the Position: Under the direction of the Pastor, the Worship Minister provides leadership, vision, and organization to encourage and equip the members of SWCC to serve in capacities of worship during worship services and at home. The areas of leadership will include vocals, instrumental, audio/visual, and electronic media. SWCC is a church of collective worship, so the expectation is that the worship pastor will lead out in efforts that engage everyone during the worship service.
Desired Qualifications and Experience: In order to fulfill best the duties of this position, the following qualifications and experience are needed or preferred.
1. Must have a clear testimony of his having trusted Jesus Christ as personal Savior.
2. Must have a settled assurance of call to ministry.
3. Must be of unimpeachable moral character and conduct.
4. If applicable, spouse must have a clear testimony of having trusted Jesus Christ as personal Savior and is supportive of ministry.
5. Must be or become a member of SWCC
6. Must have doctrinal convictions that are in harmony with SWCC.
7. Must be emotionally, mentally, and spiritually mature.
8. Must be sufficiently educated and trained to:
a) Work with members on the church staff, church, and of the community.
b) Accomplish the responsibilities of this position.
9. Must be able to work in harmony with the church staff and membership.
10. Must have good leadership and team building skills; willing to strategize, plan, manage teams, and monitor budgets.
11. Must have effective communication skills, with an ability to communicate tactfully.
12. Should have sufficient organizational skills to manage and delegate responsibilities properly.
13. Must be willing to submit to criminal background checks.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties: Listed below are the usual responsibilities incumbent upon this position. Other responsibilities may be accomplished as needs arise and opportunities are available.
1. Set a personal example of spiritual maturity and of a genuine love for the Lord, the local church and its mandate of the Great Commission before the members of SWCC.
2. Implement a vision for worship that promotes spiritual growth and wholesome activity which will lead to personal salvation experiences, ongoing discipleship, and spiritual maturity.
3. Lead/oversee the worship services of SWCC including, but not limited to:
a) Sunday morning services including upcoming dual service schedule.
b) Implement, schedule, oversee upcoming children’s worship services.
c) Christmas, Easter, or other special services.
d) Oversee, train, develop youth praise band.
4. Coordinate any special music or worship events for SWCC.
5. Develop and execute a dynamic plan and vision to recruit, equip, and lead members of SWCC to minister and serve by utilizing their talents to the greatest of their abilities to the honor and glory of God in:
a) SWCC Adult worship team
b) SWCC Youth worship team
c) Media team
Job Description for Worship Minister SWCC
Primary Responsibilities and Duties (continued):
6. Work with youth and children’s leaderships to incorporate their participation in the overall music program for SWCC.
7. Work with willing members to develop voice, instrumental, and audio/visual talents; while developing strong personal relationships within the worship community.
8. Organize audio/visual and electronic media leadership of SWCC by:
a) Overseeing coordination and planning the audio/visual operations during services.
b) Ensuring audio/visual equipment and hardware is operational and relevant to worship.
c) Coordinating the planning, development, and maintenance of the church live feed.
9. Along with worship and media teams, develop and submit a budget plan to meet goals.
10. Other duties assigned by SWCC leadership that is in the best interest of fulfilling the Great Commission.
11. The worship minister is expected to act speak and conduct himself as a spiritual leader in the church.
SWCC expects the worship minister to grow, maintain, and nurture his personal relationship with Jesus above all else. For out of that will flow his entire ministry. Second to that will be his spiritual and physical responsibility to his family, and after that will be the relationships developed and discipled in and through his ministry at SWCC. With this model and through seeking the Lord’s direction on a daily basis, God’s work is surely to go forth and prosper here.
Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen.