1. IMPORTANT: Regularly save your work by clicking the "save and continue later" button at the end of each section. You will receive a link to the document you saved. Unsaved progress will be lost.
2. Navigate using the tabs at the top of the form or the buttons at the bottom of each section.
3. The level of risk and remoteness of your trip will determine the amount of detail required. Skip questions that do not apply to your trip. You may upload existing emergency plans, documents, and files throughout the form to avoid redundant efforts.
4. Submit your plan to IAB by clicking the submit button at the bottom of the last section.
5. The safety office will provide you with a PDF of your plan after review and approval by:
- Principal investigator or team leader if the form was not submitted by them. Be sure the PI or team leader has approved the submitted version of this plan.
- IAB safety officer
- IAB director
- Environmental Health Safety and Risk Management (EHSRM) if your activity includes minors, the use of firearms or explosives, non-conventional modes of travel (this includes most forms of transportation other than on-road vehicles or commercial travel), or if it is requested by a reviewer.