Thank you for your interest in participating in Christmas on the Square (COTS). The Weatherford Chamber of Commerce (WCOC) wants to provide a safe and fun experience for all attendees. Please read the Terms & Conditions in its entirety so that we all do our part in keeping Christmas on the Square the fun family event we all know it is.
Terms & Conditions:
- Christmas on the Square will take place in the four quadrants of downtown Weatherford, TX 76086 on Saturday, December 2, 2023.
- Hours are from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm. Please have your booth area ready to sell or serve by 9:30-9:45. Vendors must remain open until event closing, even if vendor is sold out. Leaving early makes the event look in disarray; vendors who leave early will not be invited to participate the following year.
- All vendors must be out of area by 5:30 pm, any vendor who stays to continue selling will be fined $300 and will not be invited back.
- Companies/Business- please contact the Chamber for Sponsorship opportunities
- Vendors who do not abide by the rules will not be invited back.
- Christmas on the Square will have the official Santa Claus. We ask that to avoid confusion that vendors NOT have Santa for photos at their booth.
- NO informational or political booths will be allowed.
- WCOC is a non-political organization
- Under Section 501c6 of the Internal Revenue Code, tax-exempt organizations are prohibited from participating in or intervening in political activities.
- Acceptance and placement of vendors is at the sole discretion of the WCOC committee. Application will be accepted/denied at their discretion.
- Vendors are responsible for trash removal at the end of the day.
- Application deadline is Wednesday, Nov. 1st. If received after Nov. 1st. a $50 late fee will be assessed.
- Vendors will be assigned a specific location designated by area and booth. This festival is based on a first come first serve basis and previous vendors are not guaranteed acceptance.
- Businesses that will be limited to one vendor: Mary Kay, Scentsy, etc.
- We are a family-friendly festival. As such, profanity, alcohol, tobacco,CBD or controversial or offensive products are not permitted.
- Any CBD, alcohol, tobacco, health-related businesses, prescription or non-prescription drug related business/organization are prohibited as vendors.
- Vendors are required to furnish their own chairs, tables, awnings, umbrellas and 100 ft. heavy-duty outdoor extension cord (if requesting electricity).
- Vendors with tents MUST secure tent with 30 lb. tent weights.
- Applicants will be notified via email of acceptance or rejection. Once a vendor has been accepted, a form for credit card payment will be emailed. Payment must be made within 7 days of receiving acceptance email..
- Once payment has been processed, no refunds will be made for cancellation or removal for cause.
- All sales MUST take place within your booth space. No soliciting outside of booth.
- Sharing of booths, subletting is not allowed.
- NSF checks must be replaced with a cashier's check or money order. NSF check fee is $50. Booth will not be assigned till payment has cleared.
- Absolutely no generators allowed per Weatherford Fire Marshall.
- Vendor booth spaces are 10' deep x 10' wide. Additional booths will be $25.00.
- Food vendor spaces are 10' deep x 20' wide, food trucks must fit in this space.
- No refunds will be made for cancellation or removal for cause once accepted.
- No beverages or food may be sold or distributed from non-food vendors, unless a food permit and insurance has been submitted to the Chamber and City of Weatherford.
- Application deadline is November 1st. If postmarked after Nov.1, a $50 late fee will be assessed.
- Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. You must submit the following:
- 2 color photos of items/food to be sold
- Photo of booth set-up
- Food Booths- menu w/ prices
- Food trucks- submit picture of food truck with dimensions
Food Vendor Information
HOME PREPARED FOODS ARE NOT ALLOWED.
If your organization does not have a licensed commercial kitchen, you must obtain permission to use a kitchen facility.
- Food vendors must provide proof of $1,000,000 insurance upon application submittal. Weatherford Chamber of Commerce must be added as an additional insured to your policy. Ex: Weatherford Chamber of Commerce 401 Fort Worth Hwy, Weatherford TX 76086
- Food booths are 10x20, food trucks must fit in that space.
- All food vendors must provide their own trash can and a functioning, readily accessible Class K fire extinguisher. Trash bags and trash removal from the cans during the festival will be provided by COTS staff. Dumping of grease or other food waste is not allowed and will be fined $300.00
- Submit photo of food truck with dimensions. Food truck trailers that are larger than a 10x10 space, will need to request and pay for the additional space.
- All food vendors must have a functioning and readily accessible fire extinguisher. Vendors with any type of deep-frying equipment must have a Class K extinguisher. The Fire Marshall will be inspecting all food vendor booths before 9:00 a.m. on the day of the event. All requirements must be met. If not in compliance, you will not be permitted to operate.
- You MUST request water on application, or you will not be allowed to attach to the hose
- Health permits will be required ONLY AFTER you have been accepted.
If approved, all temporary Food Establishments and Mobile Food Units must comply with the City of Weatherford’s Rules & Regulations. Failure to do so may result in revocation or suspension of permit.
You will need to contact, City of Weatherford Consumer Health Department- Monica Johnson at 817-598-4475 or firstname.lastname@example.org to complete the required application and to pay the permit fee. Completed food applications along with payment MUST be returned to the Consumer Health Department by 12:00 p.m. Friday, November 17, 2023
The City will inspect your booth/trailer the day of the event.