I Agree: (Please type in your initials at each statement if you have read and understood the following)
* 1. To provide proper and adequate food, water, housing, exercise, grooming and humane treatment at all times. To provide all required vaccinations and all necessary medical care as directed by a veterinarian. To obey local licensing and animal bylaws. Not to sell, give away or use this animal for experimental purposes, allow it to engage in dog fighting, train it or have it trained to attack other persons or animals.
I Acknowledge that: (Please type in your initials at each statement if you have ready and understood the following)
* 1. I am aware that a veterinarian has examined this animal, that is has been vaccinated, treated with a parasite prevention medication (that treats fleas, roundworms, hookworms, ticks and whipworms), has been microchipped and sterilized. I am aware that this animal has been vaccinated against Rabies, if older than 16 weeks and that this vaccine is only good for one year, unless advised otherwise.
* 2. I am aware that a veterinarian has examined this animal, that is has been vaccinated, treated with a parasite prevention medication (that treats fleas, roundworms, hookworms, ticks and whipworms), has been microchipped, sterilized and tested for heartworm. I am aware that this animal has been vaccinated against Rabies, if older then 16 weeks and that this vaccine is only good for one year, unless advised otherwise.
* 3. I am aware that pets may exhibit normal but potentially undesirable behaviours including, but not limited to, aggression, house soiling, biting, chewing (people furniture and woodwork), barking, digging, mounting people's legs, urine marking and that these normal behaviour patterns may be difficult to manage. No one at the Stratford Perth Humane Society (SPHS) has told me that this pet will not engage in any of these behaviour patterns.
* 4. I have been informed that I should make an appointment with my veterinarian for a post adoption exam within 48 hours of adoption and that it is recommended to keep my adopted pet away from my current animal(s) until they have been examined by my veterinarian.
* 5. I understand that if my pet is diagnosed with an illness by a qualified veterinarian within the first 48 hours following it's adoption and I am not prepared to take responsibility for cost of medical care, I may return the animal to the SPHS. If I have authorized medical treatment within the first 48 hours, I am fully responsible for all costs. If I wish to adopt another animal, I may discuss this with Management If I do not wish to adopt another animal at time of return, a gift certificate can be issued for a future adoption. I understand that a refund, minus an administrative fee (dependent upon adoption fee), may be available.
* 6. I understand that any animal deemed good with children means that to the knowledge of the SPHS the animal has not shown aggressive behaviour and is likely to be compatible with children. I agree this is not a guarantee of a child's safety with this animal and that an adult should always supervise interactions between animals and children.
* 7. All people, including adults and children, who will be living with this animal will meet this animal at the scheduled adoption appointment. If this animal is returned due to allergies, or there is incompatability with household members, there will be no refund.
* 8. I understand that due to high veterinary costs, the SPHS does not do routine bloodwork, urine or fecal testing on their animals, and that these tests are only completed if symptoms warrant further investigation. This includes but is not limited to CBC and biochemisty panels.
* 9. I understand that should my pet not get along with any pet in my home that I may return the animal to the SPHS and will not receive a refund. Should I wish to adopt another pet, I can do so for the regular fee. I understand that the Humane Society cannot guarantee/predict or control the behaviour of my adopted pet or that of my current pet(s) in my home.
* 10. The SPHS is not responsible for any damage which the animal may inflict on another person, another animal, my property or the property of another and no attempt will be made by me to hold the SPHS responsible for any damage.
* 11. I am aware of the average costs to feed, train and provide veterinary care for a dog and I understand the financial obligations of owning this animal.
* 12. I accept the animal as it is at the time of adoption and understand that the SPHS is not responsible for any medical or behavioural conditions not readily detected or detectable prior to or at the time of this adoption or discovered after such adoption. At no time will the SPHS accept responsibility for expenses incurred following adoption for veterinary care or the services of an animal behaviourist. This includes veterinary expenses for animals currently residing in the home and animals owned by others.
* 13. I acknowledge that I have not had a cough, sore throat or trouble breathing in the last 10 days. That I have not been exposed to someone known to have or potentially have symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 10 days.
* 14. I acknowledge that I have read and understand this agreement and hereby release the SPHS from any present or future liability associated with my adoption of this animal.