This scholarship is intended for students who are involved with their community and/or schools and have overcome obstacles in their life presented by a spinal deformity. The Sonoran Spine Research and Education Foundation (SSREF) is an independent, non-profit organization founded in 2000 for three specific purposes:
The SSREF Board of Directors is committed to supporting college scholarships annually to students with spinal deformities. This scholarship is made possible by donations received from the general public, patients and vendors who work with Dr. Dennis G. Crandall through research to improve options for treatment available to persons with spinal deformities and injuries.
Amount awarded is approximately $1,000.
To Qualify for the Sonoran Spine Foundation applicants must:
- Have a diagnosed spinal deformity (scoliosis, kyphosis)
- Provide a physician's statement of medical diagnosis on physician's letterhead
- Be enrolled full-time at ASU, NAU, or UofA
- Have demonstrated the following: involvement with the community, school and financial need
- Be an undergraduate or graduate student of any major