Background and Purpose
TRA Medical Imaging is proud to have over 100 years of experience delivering the highest quality medical imaging
services to the community. The TRA Medical Imaging Foundation, a nonprofit entity, was created with the mission and vision to be an exemplary community partner in promoting better health and wellbeing now and for future generations. The TRA Medical Imaging Foundation serves to promote Imaging Sciences as a career choice for better health and wellbeing by advancing access to medical imaging services and workforce development opportunities. TRA’s Medical Imaging Foundation’s Education Fund provides financial support to individuals interested in developing their career in Imaging Sciences through scholarships, mentorship, job shadowing, and residency opportunities.
Inclusion and Diversity
TRA Medical Imaging Foundation is an equal opportunity organization and will not allow discrimination based upon age, ethnicity, ancestry, gender, national origin, disability, race, size, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, or any other status prohibited by applicable law.
The TRA Medical Imaging Foundation Education Fund Scholarship provides:
- Financial awards up to $3,500 for students enrolled in the Radiologic Sciences Advanced Certification Computed Tomography (CT) at Tacoma Community College. These funds are provided over the course of the program and are contingent on meeting expectations of the school, maintaining a minimum of a 3.0 GPA and participating in the TRA Medical Imaging Foundation Mentorship Program.
- Ongoing mentorship from a TRA radiologist and/or technologist to help develop key talent through career development, education, learning, and boosting engagement. Scholars are required to participate a minimum of 30 minutes monthly in this mentoring program.
- Participation in the TRA Medical Imaging Foundation Scholarship Alumni Program to help guide and support future scholars and promote Radiology Technology and Diagnostic Medical Sonography as professional careers.
The TRA Imaging Foundation Scholarship is open to individuals who:
- Are enrolled at Tacoma Community College in the Advanced Certification Computed Tomography (CT) Program.
Are U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
Have completed the TRA Medical Imaging Foundation Scholarship application process.
Application Schedule and Deadlines
- Applications are accepted starting Tuesday, September 12, 2023, 9:00 a.m. (Pacific Time)
- Applications will not be accepted after Monday, October 2, 2023, 5:00 p.m. (Pacific Time)
- Award recipients will be notified by email, Monday, October 16, 2023