Applications are due October 19th at 11:59pm MST.
We are looking for 4 artists/artist groups to do live demos for the Winter Market 2023 on November 18 from 10am-4pm! This is an awesome opportunity for artists who are looking to get extra marketing during the Winter Market and get paid while showing off your stuff.
Each Demoing Artist must commit to:
- A 1hr demo slot on November 18 between 10am-4pm
- Two 30min planning meetings in October/November with the Coordinator or Assistant to prep for the demo
- Being willing to be featured on Breakfast Television and other news channels
- Being responsible for prep and takedown of demo area and providing all materials for the demo
In return, Demoing Artists receive a special feature on the Show + Sale website and a $150 honorarium for their work. If demoing as a group the honorarium will be split among the artists equally. Note that Demoing Artists must still complete their 4hr volunteer shift.
Artists are HIGHLY ENCOURAGED to apply in duos, especially if it's your first time making art in public! At least 1 Demoing Artist must be in Show + Sale. Collaborations and student clubs are welcome.
The demo area will be in the Cafeteria, which has limitations on the mediums allowed. All applications will be assessed carefully for safety and accessibility concerns. The following is currently restricted for demos:
- the usage of torches, flame, or other hot materials that make sparks or fire
- no ceramic pottery wheels, sorry! (although hand building is allowed)
- no dangerous powders or particulates such as glazes or silica
- no chemical hazards such as acid baths or toxic inks
- materials must be easy to clean with a broom and sponge
- materials and equipment must not cause tripping hazards and be easily movable
Need inspiration? Last year we had demos ranging from beading, silkscreening, acrylic painting battles, and digital sketching. Check out the photos below: