California Welcome Center at the Pismo Beach Premium Outlets
Welcome Center Manager - Job Description
Position & Title: California Welcome Center (CWC) Manager, Full Time (30 plus hours)
Position summary: Work in a travel friendly environment where you meet and greet new people every day. The ideal candidate will be people frienldy, and comfortable speaking with travlers from all walks of life. This poisition allows the ideal candidate the opportunity to represent and promote the Central Coast. The CWC Manager is responsible for the day-to-day administration of the Center including staffing, scheduling, reporting, visitor services, and financial management. Weekend and from 9 - 6:30 availability is necessary.
Objective: Through Visit California and Visit SLO CAL training, provide valuable information to visitors to our state and utilize partnerships with lodging and tourism-related businesses to promote stays in San Luis Obispo County (SLO) destinations.
Key Performance Indicators: Through technology and training provide a “concierge” experience for visitors. CWC staff will have knowledge of all Destination Management Organizations (DMO) in SLO County.
· Hire, train, and schedule staff and volunteers to ensure appropriate coverage at the Welcome Center.
· Ensure that Welcome Center staff and volunteers provide timely and accurate information and referrals to SLO County destinations, to walk-in visitors, in response to phone calls, and e-mail requests.
· Manage all aspects of the Welcome Center. Is responsible for the daily operation of the Welcome Center and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
· Track information and compile monthly visitation reports as required. Interpret reports and advise the South County Chambers of Commerce CEO of variances or significant statistics.
· Ensure that the Welcome Center is stocked with adequate supplies for tourism promotion.
· Participate in the creation and delivery of social media posts and submit suggestions to promote the region to teh CWC and SLO CAL destination marketing teams.
· Establish and maintain regular contact with current and prospective hospitality members to convey the benefits and activities of the Welcome Center.
· Work with Visit California and the California Welcome Center program including attending meetings and calls.
· Attend tourism and Chamber related events as a representative of the Welcome Center.
· Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Background & Experience:
· Excellent communication skills.
· Friendly and outgoing manner.
· Great customer service skills.
· Ability to work with all types of individuals.
· Ability to manage multiple projects.
· Comfortable with Microsoft Office and database computer programs.
· Experience managing staff and volunteers.
· Experience in the tourism industry.
· Friendly and welcoming attitude with a passion for the Central Coast as a travel destination.
· Ability to manage a small team of like-minded individuals.
$18.00 - $23.00 per hour
HOURS 30 – 40 HRS PER WEEK
Flexible schedule - must be availabe weekends