Internet / Social Media - Agreement & Expectations
This Internet & Social Media Collective Agreement is for the benefit of and mutual understanding of all Path to pro Football Participants: Players, parents, coaches, staff, and Club directors. It is a privilege to be associated with Path To Pro. In keeping with the Path To Pro and the BC Soccer Premier League code of conduct, Club directors, players, parents, coaches, and staff (all Participants) are expected to conduct themselves in a professional way, both in the real world and the digital world, at all times.
This agreement applies to the use of a personally owned mobile digital device or computers, while being an active member of the Path to Pro.
PLAYERS: This section is more specific to players but much if not all the content applies to everyone as noted above – Club directors, players, parents, coaches, and staff.
• I understand that accessing the internet and social media while representing Path To Pro is a privilege and not a right. As such, I will not use my digital device during a game or practice without the permission of Path To Pro staff.
• I understand that I cannot live stream, take pictures or video record other players, coaches or other Path To Pro employees/volunteers without their consent.
• I am ultimately responsible, and not the Path To Pro , for the safekeeping of my personal digital device, computer and any other digital device that I possess.
• I will not provide any kind of personal information about a coach, player, parent or anyone else associated with including their name, address, telephone number without that person’s permission.
• I will not use my personal digital device to aggress or bully another player, coach, parent or any other member of the Path To Pro.
• I will not use my personal digital device in a way that can reasonably be seen by another member of the Path To Pro to be rude, mean, or disturbing in nature.
• I will notify my coach, manager, and or Path To Pro if I am being peer aggressed or bullied online or if I receive rude, mean, or disturbing messages from anyone associated with the Path To Pro.
• I will not write or post anything online using my personal digital device that I would not want a player, coach, parent or any other member of the Path To Pro or the BCSPL to see. This includes the use of profanity (bad language).
• As long as I am a member of the Path To Pro , I understand that this “Agreement” applies both on and off the field when using the internet, social media or any digital device.
• If I purposely break any of the conditions noted above, I will accept the consequences of the Path To Pro, which may include loss of privilege, playing time, suspension, dismissal, or other penalties as determined by Path To Pro.
Path To Pro STAFF: (including coaches, managers, contractors or employees)
• I will always consider that a player may have a “reasonable” excuse for breaching one of the conditions mentioned above in this “Agreement”. If the excuse is reasonable, then there will be no punitive action taken.
• I agree to set a good example when it comes to the use of the Internet, social networking, and the use of mobile technology.
• I agree and understand that players will make honest mistakes. If a player comes to me immediately and tells me what happened, I will help and will not punish them. If, however, their actions were not an honest mistake, or if they attempt to hide said mistake from me, I have the right as the coach to take punitive actions as I see reasonable and set out by the Path To Pro .
Path To Pro Players & Staff- Social Media waiver & release:
• We grant permission to Patth To Pro the right to reproduce the photographs and/or video images taken of me, for the purpose of publication, promotion, illustration, advertising, or trade, in any manner or in any medium. I hereby release Path To Pro and its legal representatives for all claims and liability relating to said images or video. Furthermore, I grant permission to use my statements that were given during an interview with or without my name, for the purpose of advertising and publicity without restriction. I waive my right to any compensation.