I hereby agree and understand that I/my child will be voluntarily attending and participating in a workshop to be hosted at the Appell Center for the Performing Arts, 50 N George St. York, PA 17401. In consideration for participating, both minor participant ("Minor") and their legal guardian ("Guardian") hereby freely and voluntarily, and intending to be legally bound, execute this Release under the following terms.
1. Guardian Status. By my signature below, I attest that I am the parent or legal guardian of the Minor named in this Release, and that I have the authority to execute this Release on behalf of Minor.
2. Release. Guardian and Minor each release and forever discharge and holdharmless Appell Center for the Performing Arts and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, volunteers, affiliates, successors and assigns from any and all liability, claims and demands of whatever kind or nature arising from Minor's participation in any and all activities managed by Appell Center for the Performing Arts. Guardian and Minor each understand and acknowledge that this Release discharges Appell Center for the Performing Arts from any liability or claim that Guardian and Minor may have against Appell Center for the Performing Arts with respect to bodily injmy, personal injury, illness, death or property damage that may result from activities at Appell Center for the Performing Arts. It is also understood that Appell Center for the Performing Arts does not assume any responsibility for or obligation to provide financial assistance or other assistance to Minor, including but not limited to medical, health or disability insurance in the event of injury, illness, death or property damage.
3. Insurance. Guardian and Minor each understand that we expressively waive any such claim for compensation or liability on the part of Appell Center for the Performing Arts beyond what may be offered voluntarily and freely by Appell Center for the Performing Arts in its sole discretion in the event of such injury or medical expense.
4. Medical Treatment. Guardian and Minor each hereby release and foreverdischarge Appell Center for the Performing Arts from any claim whatsoever arising on account of any first-aid treatment or other medical services rendered in connection with an emergency during Minor's time at Appell Center for the Performing Arts.
5. Assumption of Risk and Indemnification. Guardian and Minor each understand that Minor's time with Appell Center for the Performing Arts. may include physical activities that may be potentially hazardous to Minor. We recognize and understand that Minor's activities at Appell Center for the Performing Arts. may, in some situations, involve activities which can pose risk of harm or injury to Minor. Guardian and Minor also hereby expressly assume the risk of injury or harm in these activities and release Appell Center for the Performing Arts. from all liability for injury, illness, death or property damage resulting from Minor's activities or Minor's participation at Appell Center for the Performing Arts. Guardian and Minor agree that if anyone makes a claim against Appell Center for the Performing Arts. on behalf of Guardian or Minor, that Guardian and Minor agree to indemnify, save and hold harmless Appell Center for the Performing Arts from any claim, including without limitation, loss, liability, damage or cost which may occur as a result of any such claim.
6. Other. Guardian and Minor each expressly agree that this Release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, and that this Release shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. I agree that in the event that any clause or provision of this Release shall be held to be invalid by any court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such clause or provision shall no otherwise affect the remaining provisions of this Release which shall continue to be enforceable.
I give my permission as legal parent or guardian to allow my child to be included in photographs or videotape which may be taken at this event for the public relations and promotional purposes of the Appell Center for the Performing Arts. These images or voice recordings may be used without prior contact by Appell Center for the Performing Arts.
I understand that my child’s name and school may appear in news releases regarding this program. I understand that I will receive no compensation for such uses. I retain the right to have any photographs discontinued from use in any or all of the above venues upon request, and if, at any time, I wish my child’s photograph(s) to be discontinued from any of the above, it is my responsibility to contact the program director to make this request.
I have read this Release, Waiver of Liability, Indemnity Agreement and Parental/Guardian Consent Agreement, and understand that I have given up substantial rights by signing it and have signed it freely and voluntarily.