AQHA Rules shall apply to all classes in accordance with the 2023 AQHA Handbook.
- Competition is open to all stock breed light horses and ponies.
- The Show Committee has the right to combine, divide or cancel any classes if necessary.
- At the discretion of the Judge classes may be split and may ask for only part of the class to lope/canter at a time.
- The Judge may ask for the jog to be extended as well as the lope.
- Any horse that is disruptive and the Judge considers uncontrolled and/or a danger will be excused from the pen and NOT allowed back in.
- Exhibitors: You are responsible for your OWN supervision in the warmup arena. Any problems or issues of concern must be reported to Show Management. Concern is for riders and spectators alike. Crowding, standing or loitering at the in-gate and or in-gate area will not be tolerated.
- Youth are required to wear a safety helmet.
- Safety helmets may be worn in every class.
- Safety Helmets must be worn in all English classes and Youth All Ages Walk/Trot classes.
- Patterns will be posted for: Showmanship, English Equitation, Western Horsemanship, Trail, and Ranch Riding
- Jack Benny Western pleasure (49 years & older). To be judged as a pleasure class. Non-restricted to tack and attire. Adults are encouraged to “show” their kid’s horses. It is a FUN Class!!!
YOUTH All AGES WALK/TROT:
- Horses will be shown at a walk/jog/trot only. Exhibitors are NOT eligible for cross entry in other divisions of their respective riding classes but may enter their respective age division in Halter and Showmanship. Open to Exhibitors 18 and under
- Schooling equipment is permitted.
- Approved Safety Helmets with properly adjusted chin straps are mandatory in all youth classes.
WALK TROT 19 AND OVER
- Horses will be shown at a walk/jog/trot only.
- Exhibitors are NOT eligible for cross entry in other divisions of their respective riding classes but may enter their respective age division in Halter and Showmanship. Schooling equipment is permitted. Safety Helmets are suggested. No rider will be penalized for wearing an approved safety helmet.
- Horses will be shown at a walk/jog/trot Lope/Canter. There is NO cross entry to any other divisions or riding divisions. Schooling equipment permitted.
Western Attire: Neat and clean, suitable Western clothing. Jeans, heeled riding boots is a must. Chaps are optional. No rider will be penalized for wearing an approved safety helmet regardless of class entered.
English Attire: Neat and clean, suitable English clothing. Jackets optional, heeled English boots and riding helmets are a must.
Competition Numbers: Must be worn at all times. All horses on the grounds must be registered at the show office.
All dogs MUST be on a leash.
All payments must be done by E-Transfer to SCQHASHOW@GMAIL.COM with NO EXCEPTIONS. There will be no cash or paper handling on the show grounds.
The Show Committee reserves the right to amend ANY show rules at any time. Especially in the case of concerns for safety of the exhibitors, horses and spectators.
Stall deposits Refunded upon confirmation of clean stall. Payment only on the day of show. BY CHEQUE OR CASH ONLY. ETRANSFERS WILL NOT BE EXCEPTED