Application Deadline: October 15th at 11:59 PM
(For Winter & Spring 2024 Residencies)
Generator offers its competitive Artist-in-Residence program to artists, designers and entrepreneurs to help advance and realize innovative new ideas.
Artists-in-Residence receive a studio, stipend and access to Generator's 8,000+ square foot co-working/fabrication space in the heart of Burlington, Vermont's South End Arts District. Generator awards 4 Artists-in-Residence per year.
Provided by Generator:
- Artists-in-Residence receives 4 months free membership, valued at $99/month.
- Artists-in-Residence receives 3 month access to a semi-private 7'x8' studio, valued at $210/month.
- Artists-in-Residence receives funding to use towards educational opportunities at Generator and/or materials:
- a $400 Tool Training credit (can be used on Workshops or EUAs as well)
- $500 in Material stipend *participants must provide receipts*
- Following the appropriate trainings, Artists-in-Residence have 77 hour/week access to fully equipped metal, wood, jewelry, sewing, electronics and rapid-prototyping facilities.
- Artists-in-Residence have access to a 300+ member community consisting of engineers, developers, crafts professionals and entrepreneurs.
- Housing is not provided.
- Artists-in-Residence are provided with the opportunity to organize and host (in coordination with Generator staff) an event that is open to the public and highlights their work.
Expectations of Artists-in-Residence:
- Artists-in-Residence are expected to take the appropriate trainings during their month of membership preceding their residency period.
- Artists-in-Residence are expected to use their stipends for educational opportunities at Generator and materials.
- Artists-in-Residence are expected to work onsite as much as possible to realize their project and to build community at Generator.
- Artists-in-Residence are expected to host one "Open Studio" session during their studio occupancy.
- Allow Generator to photograph artist and their work (to be used in marketing materials, social media posts, development/fundraising initiatives, etc.)
Application and Selection:
Applications are accepted in late winter and late summer.
Applications from outside the Generator community are highly encouraged.
Proposals are evaluated for their:
- Use of Generator resources
- Potential for positive social impact
Accepted applicants will receive notification of selection by email. Selected Artists-in-Residence will have a least 5 days to accept the offer.
If you have questions about the maker in residence program please email Sam Graulty - email@example.com