WHAT ARE DISCIPLESHIP GROUPS?
Discipleship Groups (D-Groups) involve 2-4 students and 1 leader that meet weekly for 1-2 hours to discuss their weekly Bible reading plan, hold each other accountable in how they live, and pray together. These groups are an extension of our weekly Connection Groups at Revolution/Reckless.
WHY ARE DISCIPLESHIP GROUPS IMPORTANT?
Studies show that only 1-in-5 students actively involved in church read their Bible regularly. According to recent Barna research, 84% of “Bible-engaged” students say Scripture helps them understand their purpose. Students who aren’t engaged consistently in the Bible say they struggle to understand the world around them and their place in it. Knowledge and application of God’s Word is critical in order to become fully devoted followers of Jesus. We want to help students learn how to read God’s Word and grow in their relationship with Jesus in Biblical community. These D-Groups will provide the best environment and structure to help them do that.
1. I pledge myself fully to the Lord and I’m ready to experience accelerated growth in my relationship with Jesus.
2. I will meet with my D-Group for approximately 1-2 hours every week from October 1st through April 30th, and I will make it a top priority in my schedule. I will not miss unless it’s an emergency.
3. I will complete all the required Bible reading on a weekly basis before my D-Group meeting, in order to contribute to the discussion.
4. I will contribute to an atmosphere of confidentiality, honesty, and transparency for the benefit of others in the group as well as my own spiritual growth.
5. I will pray for the other group members who are on the discipleship journey with me.
6. I commit to being at Revolution/Reckless on a weekly basis and being an active
participant in my Connection Group.