- Report to the Mandan Progress Organization Director, Haunted Fort general manager, and all park leadership personnel in association with the Haunted Fort, Fort Abraham Lincoln State Park, and North Dakota State Parks and Recreation Department.
- This position will provide a variety of leadership services at Haunted Fort. This position requires both indoor and outdoor work as well as day, evening, and weekend, shifts. This position also requires you to be able to work most/all event days of the Haunted Fort event in October – 6th 7th, 13th, 14th, 20th, 21st, 22nd, 27th, 28th
Roles dependant on position
- Attractions Operations Manager - Reporting directly to the Haunted Fort Director and State Park Management team, the Attractions Operations Manager plays a pivotal role in overseeing all aspects of attraction operations and guest services. This key position is responsible for coordinating the scare team, managing ticketing services, and ensuring seamless collaboration with State Park staff to guarantee the attraction's smooth operation each night.
- Scare Team, Lead Actors, and Team Directors As our Haunted Fort Scare Team, Actors, and Team Directors you'll take the helm nightly, using your scaring skills and mentoring our talented team of volunteers. Your mission: to craft an experience that will send shivers down spines and leave visitors with unforgettable nightmares.
- Makeup and Costumes Team, As our Makeup and Costume Team, you'll take the lead in transforming our team of actors and volunteers into spine-tingling specters of terror. Your nightly mission: to dress and adorn them in ways that will leave our visitors trembling in fear.
- Ticket Services - As our Ticket Services team, your mission is clear: guarantee that every guest's visit to the Haunted Fort is nothing short of legendary. You'll be at the forefront, orchestrating our ticketing operations and supporting the Haunted Fort operations before the scares begin.
- Zombie Apocalypse Training Team - As a member of our Zombie Apocalypse Training Team, your primary mission is to guarantee an adrenaline-pumping paintball experience for our guests. Your roles may also include scare acting, assisting makeup artists and support staff, maintaining paintball equipment, and providing essential support throughout the event each night.
- Be willing work in multiple areas that require interaction with participants and the ability to lead or director volunteers of the Haunted Fort.
- attend Staff orientation for the Haunted Fort - Oct 1st.
- Applicant must be at least 17 years of age at the time of employement
- Good skills working with the public and interacting with people of all ages, interests, viewpoints, and backgrounds.
- Ability to clearly communicate instructions, directions, and information to the public in person and by telephone.
- Must be able to understand and follow all safety requirements set forth by park management.
- Ability to withstand exposure to varying weather conditions/temperatures for extended periods, and work in low light and physically demanding conditions, be exposed to theatrical special effects for extended periods of time, i.e., strobe lights, loud sounds/music, fog machines, laser and startle effects.
- Previous work in a Haunted House is preferred but not required.
- Ability to move around and stand for long periods of time, also be able to move 50 to 100 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Requires satisfactory completion of the interview process and a verifiable record of satisfactory performance in previous employment, and state background check for new employees
Compensation Starts at $15 per hour. higher pay based on experience, and leadership roles. Please submit this form, and The Mandan Progress Organization will be in contact about interview times and hiring dates.