CTEBVI sponsors the Donna Coffee Youth Scholarship annually, in honor of Donna's exceptional service to our organization and to the blind and visually impaired community. The award is to be used to promote the academic and social development of K-12 students. The successful recipients will be awarded up to $1000.
K-12 students who are blind or visually impaired (sorry, no college or post-secondary applicants).
The application deadline is March 10, 2024. You must submit all of the materials as listed below to be considered. Late or incomplete proposals will not be accepted.
- Completed application form and student's essay* (Parts I-V)
- Letter of support from nominating educator, TVI, O&M Instructor and/or school administrator (i.e., one letter from each person if there is more than one nominator
- Recent photo.
- Parent/legal guardian must approve the application, use of funds and photo release by signing the application/release.
The award is used to promote not just academic but social development as well. Please be aware that scholarships cannot be used towards tuition, books for school, or college. The selection committee will score applicants based on:
- A plan that is compelling, executable and will enhance student's individual growth. (60%)
- A clearly demonstrated need. (30%)
- Quality of content in the overall presentation. (10%)
Duties of Scholarship Recipient(s)
If selected, recipient(s) will be required to: With help/cooperation from their TVI or O&M instructor, keep the CTEBVI board updated with their activities as related to their scholarship via written correspondence that will be published in the CTEBVI Journal a minimum of three times.
How to Submit Application
Please complete the entire application and email, along with supporting attachments .doc, .docx, .brf, or .pdf only please) to the Donna Coffee Youth Scholarship (firstname.lastname@example.org) All applicants will receive a receipt of application (via email to their own account or teacher/parent as applicable) as well as the status of the final outcome by April 3, 2024.