Puppy Contract / Health Guarantee
Prerequisite - In order for the health guarantee to be valid, it is essential to schedule a puppy wellness exam with your veterinarian within 72 hours of receiving your puppy, and subsequently submit the exam results to us.
1. This Puppy will have age-appropriate vaccinations and be dewormed as well as vet checked and ready to go home on the stated date on the web page. Unless other arrangements are made then after this date a $10.00 per day kenneling fee will be charged for the first 14 days, after the 15th day, if no arrangements are made the puppy will be placed for sale and buyer will lose deposit as well as all monies paid. The deposit is non-refundable and there are no returns on any payments made if the purchaser changes their mind. I, the breeder will provide a medical record with the puppy's vaccination and deworming record. Upon arrival, we recommend that the buyer schedule a visit for the puppy with his/her own veterinarian for regular checkups and to determine a vaccination and de-worming schedule.
2. The breeder, Maine Aim Ranch Dogs guarantees this Pomsky or Horgi puppy to be in good health and to be free of any hereditary defects to the best of his/ her knowledge. If before a year of age a hereditary defect is diagnosed, the Breeder reserves the right to have the dog re- examined by our veterinarian. IF you have any health concerns for the puppy, any and all tests performed will be at the owner's expense. If your puppy is found to have a life-threatening illness within the 72 hr window or a genetic defect, the owner must notify the breeder within 24 hrs by both email and phone. Both the Veterinarians information and all records must be provided. If the puppy dies, an autopsy must be performed to confirm the reason of death. If it is found to be the breeder's responsibility by our vet and yours then the puppy will be fully replaced. At no time is Maine Aim Ranch Dogs liable for any tests or vet bills incurred by you.
3. Puppies may experience loose bowels and vomiting due to stress from travel and new environments as the first week will be a transition. The puppy will be excited and nervous and this in combination with food and water change can cause loose stools. We always recommend having a stool sample taken at the 72 hr checkup. Deworming should always be continued with vaccines until the puppy has completed at least 3, always consult with your vet.
4. Any condition that is minor, correctable, or a breed related minor condition is not covered, or is considered to be a condition, which a puppy will likely grow out of, is not covered.
5. Transportation and vet examinations are expenses that are the responsibility of the Buyer. The Breeder must be provided with documentation from a specialist in these fields: X- rays must be evaluated by OFA (Orthopedic Foundation for Animals); eyes must be examined by a Certified Animal Ophthalmologist. No medical bills will be refunded. Any other health concerns will be handled on an individual basis. There must be a follow up examination after waiting 3 months done by a different veterinarian to get a second opinion. When testing hips, the pomsky must be over one year of age and not bred or within the advised guidelines of not too close to heat cycling or pregnancy causing the hips to be shifting. At no time will threats be made to disdain Maine Aim Ranch Dogs or Pomskies name on any social media. If this is done legal action will be taken. We at Maine Aim Ranch Dogs work very hard to produce great healthy dogs but some things are just out of our control and are in God's control.
6. The breeder cannot provide an absolute guarantee, (regardless of verbal or written communication) regarding the precise coloring, markings, size, weight, hips, patellas, or breeding capability of any puppy, as these factors may potentially evolve into adulthood, and also due to uncertainties about the puppy's future care and the possibility of unforeseen accidents or injuries.
7. The Breeder is not responsible for any veterinary bills, tests, medications, transportation, or any other costs relating to the puppy after it is delivered. We do our best to have a preventative program to be free of all of the following but we DO NOT GUARANTEE against common parasites such as coccidia, giardia etc or hernias and underbites or overbites.
8. Undescended testicles on breeding dogs if discovered at 7-8 week checkup will be disclosed. A puppy can retain a testicle for up to 6 months possibly and that amount of time must be allotted to give them a chance to descend. If after 6 months a puppy has still not dropped one a vet check must be performed with a written statement from a certified vet and the breeding rights price only will be returned.
9. Your puppy has been on a regular deworming schedule that is outlined on the medical record sent with him/her. Parasites are common in puppies, and we make every effort to keep puppy's parasites free with a regular deworming schedule. We cannot guarantee that no parasites exist, however, and puppies can easily re-infect themselves. As puppies grow to maturity, mosquitos with heartworms can become a problem. A regular de-worming schedule recommended by your veterinarian will keep your puppy happy and healthy.
10. When your puppy arrives, he/she will have had its first puppy vaccination which will be noted on the medical record. We give the first vaccine at approximately 6 weeks old. This vaccination helps protect your puppy against distemper, adenovirus type 2 (hepatitis), parainfluenza, and the parvo virus. Parvo is a highly contagious virus. The first vaccination will begin to protect your puppy against parvo. However, until your puppy has had its last puppy shot at approximately 14-16 weeks of age, your puppy is at risk for the parvo virus. Therefore,we recommend that the puppy have limited exposure to public areas until that time. We ask that you give the remaining puppy shots approximately every 3 to 4 weeks until 16 weeks of age orin accordance with your veterinarian's recommendations.
These completed rounds of shots are so very important! Also PLEASE continue deworming your new pup. While they are in a litter, worms and parasites can be passed back and forth from siblings, it is only when they get out on their own that they can be cleaned up and as worm free as possible. We do what we can on our end but it is the new owners' responsibility to continue with health care.
Buyer's Commitment: Provide appropriate care, feeding, housing and veterinary care for the puppy. If breeding rights have not been acquired, it is obligatory for the pets/non-breeders to be spayed or neutered within the puppies' 6 months of age. Confirmation of these health records must be submitted to us by email. You are willing to make a full and honest effort to potty training and training the dog to be a part of your family. Baxter & Bella is a great training resource and if purchased and used will help the training process tremendously. Use the code MAINEAIM to receive a discount. You must agree that you are willing to read up or watch YouTube videos on training dogs before you contact me with concerns on training issues. All of our pups are great and easy to train if effort is made.
As explicitly explained in the contract, puppies are sold with a 6 Month spay and neuter contract unless otherwise discussed and paid the extra $3000.00
ALL SALES ARE FINAL - NO RETURNS NO EXCEPTIONS
by signing below, I have read and understand the terms above in full: