Applications due on Sunday September 17, 2023 at 11:59PM EST!
GSA Ambassadors assist the program’s recruitment efforts by making connections, giving presentations, and attending events that help spread the word about the summer program to students and their supporters (educators, families, guidance counselors, mentors, etc.) in a supportive, approachable, and empowering manner. With our goal of serving the entire commonwealth, we are looking for ambassadors located throughout the state.
Responsibilities and roles include:
- Attend an Ambassador orientation led by GSA Administration.
- As assigned/approved by GSA Administration, contact educators/community partners who have requested a recruitment presentation; arrange scheduling and any other pertinent information/logistics.
- Provide both in-person and virtual recruitment presentations to high schools, community groups, and/or other interested parties.
- With direction from GSA Administration, proactively contact schools/community groups in priority areas to build program awareness and contacts.
- As/if assigned, serve as a program representative at community events/conferences.
- Track demographics and other data about presentations and attendees.
Ambassadors are independent contractors; the role pays $30/hour and provides travel stipends based on miles driven. The hourly rate covers time spent planning/executing tasks, but driving time is not paid at the hourly rate (instead, the travel stipend is paid). Ambassadors use their own vehicle for ground transportation; while access to GSA’s paid Zoom account is provided for virtual presentations, Ambassadors must otherwise provide their own technology (GSA does not provide computers, office space, internet, etc. for these positions).
It is difficult to predict the number and frequency of hours Ambassadors will work, but there will be a level of flexibility in the timing of tasks, which will tend to fall between September and December. All tasks will be assigned by or approved by GSA Administration.