Youth/Women’s Field Lacrosse 2023-2024 Process for Release Requests
Releases are only valid for the current field season. The entire release process, finalized by the league chair signature, must be complete before a player is eligible to play or practice with the accepting association. This includes tryouts.
Not all requests are approved.
As per BCLA Field Directorate Operating Policies 14.09 & 36.04, the local league has the right to place the player in an association where the league feels it would be in the best interest of the league and then the player.
Please allow 6-8 weeks for a release to get processed through all approving bodies, keeping in mind that most of these bodies meet monthly.
- Player registers with their home association by completing a BCLA field registration form and requests a release by completing the BCLA release request form and submitting it to the home association for approval. All information must be filled out including the reason for the request. Playing history may be verified by the BCLA registrar at the request of the association or league.
- If the home association approves, they immediately advise the league chair via email and their representative brings the signed release request form with the completed registration form to the next league meeting. A copy of the release request form with the home association’s signature shall be sent to the player by the home association within 72 hours of their monthly association meeting.
- If the home association does not approve, they must provide their decision and reason for denial to the parents via email within 72 hours of their monthly association meeting. If no email address is provided, a letter must be mailed to the parents postmarked within 72 hours.
Parents may appeal a home association denial to the local commission through their local league chair within 14 days of the written notification.
- Leagues will review release requests monthly, either at their regular meeting or special release meetings, starting in August and ending October.
- If the league agrees to release the player, the league will place the player in an association as per policies 14.09 & 36.04.
- The league will advise the joining association within 72 hours of the meeting, cc’ing the home association, providing player name, division and contact information.
- The league will mail the players completed registration form to the joining associations registrar and a copy of the completed release request form to the BCLA registrar.
- The joining association will advise the player and parents of their acceptance within 72 hours of the league notification.
- If the league denies the request, they must provide their decision and reason for denial, to the parents via email within 72 hours of their monthly release meeting. If no email address is provided, a letter must be mailed to the parents postmarked within the 72 hours.
- Parents may appeal a league denial directly to the Field Directorate Chair through the BCLA office, within 14 days of written notification.