ONLINE VIDEO SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Please note the following guidelines for participation.
- Students bow before and after the performance of their original composition.
- The polished performance may be memorized or performed with the score.
- Teachers or parents may upload videos to YouTube, along with scans of the notated score, graph, or chart.
- Teachers or parents may complete the online registration.
- Students should wear recital-appropriate dress clothes (no jeans, sneakers, hoodies, or hats).
- Videos should be recorded in horizontal format and using a tripod or other steady surface for the camera.
- Videos must include audio, and the performer and his or her hands on the keys should be visible in the frame.
- Recording on acoustic instruments is preferred, but digital pianos are acceptable.
Instructions for Uploading Videos to YouTube
After your performance has been filmed, upload it as an “unlisted” YouTube video (see below).
YouTube accepts any of the following video formats: .MO, .MPEG4, MP4, .AVI, .WMV, .MPEGPS, .FLV, 3GPP, and WebM.
Upload: Follow these directions to upload your completed video to an unlisted YouTube file. You can do this through the YouTube App or on a computer.
- Go to www.youtube.com and sign in. If you don’t already have an account, create one. It can be easily linked to a Gmail account.
- Click the “UPLOAD” button at the top.
- Either click on the “Select files to upload” box and select your video file from your device or drag/drop your video file into the box.
- In the “Basic Info” screen, enter the appropriate title with the Student’s Name in the box where the filename appears.
- In the box below the title, enter the name of the piece being recorded.
- Click the box that indicates the video is appropriate for children under 18.
- Change the privacy setting from “Public” to “Unlisted.” Click “Done.”
- When the video is finished, copy the URL and paste it into your registration