LIWOCA's 19th Annual Conference is returning home to Atlanta for 2024. Please join us!
There are various sponsorship opportunities now available, for which we hope we can count on you. For more than a decade, the Leadership Institute has hosted hundreds of women of color attorneys from across the country, many of whom have received national recognition for their work as law firm partners, in-house counsel, leaders in government agencies, and in the judiciary. The Leadership Institute is unique in that it is both an educational and professional/business development conference, with numerous formal and informal networking opportunities and exposure to high-level decision makers at law firms and corporations.
The 2024 Conference will continue the tradition of featuring top notch speakers on an array of topics relevant especially to women of color attorneys, at all levels of experience and in all areas of practice.
In recent years, we have had the pleasure of honoring a number of highly esteemed guests such as:
- Loretta Lynch, former United States Attorney General
- Pilar Ramos, General Counsel at Mastercard
Jennifer Burns, Senior Vice President, U.S. Legal, Equifax
The Honorable Anita Josey-Herring, Chief Justice Superior Court of the District of Columbia
- Sandie Okoro, Senior Vice-President and General Counsel at World Bank Group
- Paulette Brown, Senior Partner and Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer at Locke Lord
- Myrna Perez, Director Voting Rights and Elections Democracy at The Brennan Center
- Sandra Leung, Executive Vice President and General Counsel at Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Juliette Pryor, former Senior Vice President, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary at Cox Enterprises
In addition, we will also continue our unwavering support of well deserving women of color female law students by awarding scholarships. Since its inception in 2005, The Leadership Institute has awarded with our scholarship partners over $300,000 in scholarships to law students from schools across the country, and none of that would have been possible without the generous support of sponsors like you. Your investment will allow The Leadership Institute to continue its three-fold mission:
- To empower women of color attorneys in law firms and legal departments to develop the critical skills necessary to become partners and leaders within their organizations and the profession
- To provide mentoring, networking and business development opportunities for women of color attorneys by connecting them with leaders from both the public and private sectors
- To assist law firms and legal departments in their efforts to retain and promote women of color attorneys
Please consider our sponsorship opportunities, along with the benefits that accompany each level of sponsorship.
To learn more about The Leadership Institute and to see photos and program materials from our prior conferences, visit our website at www.leadingwomenofcolor.org. If you should require more information on sponsorship opportunities or have any questions, please contact Joyce Gist Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org, or email us at email@example.com.