These Guidelines and Policies and the Rental Agreement form the rental contract and arc the binding agreement between the Jackson Madison County Library and the group (lessee) leasing space. This instrument made and entered into on lhc date shown below, by and between the Jackson Madison County Library, hereinafter referred lo as "Lessor" and the group represented by the signer below, hereinafter referred lo as "Lessee". Lessor hereby leases the Jackson Madison County Library's meeting room space for the rental period specified on the Event Worksheet. Said lease is made under the following terms and conditions:
1. In consideration of being granted permission lo use the meeting room space, Lessee docs forever release and discharge the City of Jackson and Madison County, its successors and assigns, and its officers, employees, agents and their heirs, administrators, and executors from any and all causes of action, claims, damages, liability, and loss of services which the Lessee may have against the City of Jackson and Madison County, its successors and assigns, and its officers. employees, agents and servants and their heirs, administrators, and executors resulting from any damage or injury which may or might be suffered while the Lessee has the use and/or custody of the meeting room.
2. The Lessee does further covenant with and agree to indemnify and hold harmless the City of Jackson and Madison County, its successors and assigns, and its officers, employees, agents, and their heirs, administrators, and executors from all damage, expense, and liability that may or might be incurred while the undersigned has use and/or custody of the meeting room.
3. The premises arc to be used for the meeting or function specified on the Event Worksheet only, and no other purpose.
4. h is agreed that the Lessee shall lake good care of the premises hereby leased and the appurtenances thereof, and shall abide by the terms or this agreement and al the end or the rental term shall deliver up said premises in good order and condition.
5. The Lessee docs further agree lo replace and/or repair any and all damage to the library building and grounds and to replace and/or repair any and all personal property therein which may or might be damaged and/or losl while lhc Lessee has the use and/or custody of the meeting room. Failure to pay any damages will prohibit future use of the facility. It is suggested that the undersigned consider purchasing liability insurance to cover damages and/or injuries.
6. Lessee acknowledges that this agreement and the information provided on the event worksheet are public record and must be provided to the public if requested in accordance with Tennessee law.
The Lessee acknowledges that he/she/it has reviewed the policies adopted by the Lessor for the use of the meeting room and agrees lo abide by such policies.
I/WE, THE UNDERSIGNED, HAVE READ THE ABOVE RENTAL AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS LEGAL MEANING, AND ACCEPT THE RESPONSIBILITES OF THE LESSEE.