This is a statement in which you are informed of the established safediving practices for skin and scuba diving. These practices have beencompiled for your review and acknowledgement and are intended toincrease your comfort and safety in diving. Your signature on thisstatement is required as proof that you are aware of these safe divingpractices. Read and discuss the statement prior to signing it. If you are aminor, this form must also be signed by a parent or guardian.I understand that as a diver I should:
1. Maintain good mental and physical fitness for diving. Avoid being underthe influence of alcohol or dangerous drugs when diving. Keep proficientin diving skills, striving to increase them through continuing education andreviewing them in controlled conditions after a period of diving inactivity,and refer to my course materials to stay current and refresh myself onimportant information.
2. Be familiar with my dive sites. If not, obtain a formal diving orientationfrom a knowledgeable, local source. If diving conditions are worse thanthose in which I am experienced, postpone diving or select an alternatesite with better conditions. Engage only in diving activities consistent withmy training and experience. Do not engage in cave or technical divingunless specifically trained to do so.
3. Use complete, well-maintained, reliable equipment with which I amfamiliar; and inspect it for correct fit and function prior to each dive. Havea buoyancy control device, low-pressure buoyancy control inflationsystem, submersible pressure gauge and alternate air source and diveplanning/monitoring device (dive computer, RDP/dive tables—whicheveryou are trained to use) when scuba diving. Deny use of my equipment touncertified divers.
4. Listen carefully to dive briefings and directions and respect the adviceof those supervising my diving activities. Recognize that additionaltraining is recommended for participation in specialty diving activities, inother geographic areas and after periods of inactivity that exceed sixmonths.
5. Adhere to the buddy system throughout every dive. Plan dives –including communications, procedures for reuniting in case of separationand emergency procedures – with my buddy.
6. Be proficient in dive planning (dive computer or dive table use). Makeall dives no decompression dives and allow a margin of safety. Have ameans to monitor depth and time underwater. Limit maximum depth tomy level of training and experience. Ascend at a rate of not more than 18metres/60 feet per minute. Be a SAFE diver – Slowly Ascend From Everydive. Make a safety stop as an added precaution, usually at 5 metres/15feet for three minutes or longer.
7. Maintain proper buoyancy. Adjust weighting at the surface for neutralbuoyancy with no air in my buoyancy control device. Maintain neutralbuoyancy while underwater. Be buoyant for surface swimming andresting. Have weights clear for easy removal, and establish buoyancywhen in distress while diving. Carry at least one surface signaling device(such as signal tube, whistle, mirror).8. Breathe properly for diving. Never breath-hold or skip-breathe whenbreathing compressed air, and avoid excessive hyperventilation whenbreath-hold diving. Avoid overexertion while in and underwater and divewithin my limitations.
9. Use a boat, float or other surface support station, whenever feasible.10. Know and obey local dive laws and regulations, including fish andgame and dive flag laws.
I understand the importance and purposes of these establishedpractices. I recognize they are for my own safety and well-being, andthat failure to adhere to them can place me in jeopardy when diving.
I understand and agree that PADI Members (“Members”), including 2536267 Ontario Inc dba Scuba2000 and/or any individual PADI Instructors and Divemasters associated with the program in which I am participating, are licensed to use various PADI Trademarks and to conduct PADI training, but are not agents, employees or franchisees of PADI Americas, Inc, or its parent, subsidiary and affiliated corporations (“PADI”). I further understand that Member business activities are independent, and are neither owned nor operated by PADI, and that while PADI establishes the standards for PADI diver training programs, it is not responsible for, nor does it have the right to control, the operation of the Members’ business activities and the day-to-day conduct of PADI programs and supervision of divers by the Members or their associated staff. I further understand and agree on behalf of myself, my heirs and my estate that in the event of an injury or death during this activity, neither I nor my estate shall seek to hold PADI liable for the actions, inactions or negligence of 2536267 Ontario Inc dba Scuba2000 and/or the Instructors and Divemasters associated with the activity.
I HAVE FULLY INFORMED MYSELF AND MY HEIRS OF THE CONTENTSOF THIS NON-AGENCY DISCLOSURE AND ACKNOWLEDGMENT AGREEMENT BY READING IT BEFORE I SIGNED IT ON BEHALF OF MYSELF AND MY HEIRS.
I hereby affirm that I am aware that skin and scuba diving have inherent risks which may result in serious injury or death. I understand that diving with compressed air involves certain inherent risks; including but not limited to decompression sickness, embolism or other hyperbaric/air expansion injury that require treatment in a recompression chamber. I further understand that the open water diving trips which are necessary for training and for certification may be conducted at a site that is remote, either by time or distance or both, from such a recompression chamber. I still choose to proceed with such instructional dives in spite of the possible absence of a recompression chamber in proximity to the dive site. I understand and agree that neither my instructor(s), 2536267 Ontario Inc dba Scuba2000 Staff, the facility through which I receive my instruction, 2536267 Ontario Inc dba Scuba2000, nor PADI Americas, Inc., nor its affiliate and subsidiary corporations, nor any of their respective employees, officers, agents, contractors or assigns (hereinafter referred to as “Released Parties”) may be held liable or responsible in any way for any injury, death or other damages to me, my family, estate, heirs or assigns that may occur as a result of my participation in this diving program or as a result of the negligence of any party, including the Released Parties, whether passive or active. In consideration of being allowed to participate in this course (and optional Adventure Dive), hereinafter referred to as “program,” I hereby personally assume all risks of this program, whether foreseen or unforeseen, that may befall me while I am a participant in this program including, but not limited to, the academics, confined water and/or open water activities. I further release, exempt and hold harmless said program and Released Parties from any claim or lawsuit by me, my family, estate, heirs or assigns, arising out of my enrollment and participation in this program including both claims arising during the program or after I receive my certification. I also understand that skin diving and scuba diving are physically strenuous activities and that I will be exerting myself during this program, and that if I am injured as a result of heart attack, panic, hyperventilation, drowning or any other cause, that I expressly assume the risk of said injuries and that I will not hold the Released Parties responsible for the same. I further state that I am of lawful age and legally competent to sign this liability release, or that I have acquired the written consent of my parent or guardian. I understand the terms herein are contractual and not a mere recital, and that I have signed this Agreement of my own free act and with the knowledge that I hereby agree to waive my legal rights. I further agree that if any provision of this Agreement is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision shall be severed from this Agreement. The remainder of this Agreement will then be construed as though the unenforceable provision had never been contained herein. I understand and agree that I am not only giving up my right to sue the Released Parties but also any rights my heirs, assigns, or beneficiaries may have to sue the Released Parties resulting from my death. I further represent I have the authority to do so and that my heirs, assigns, or beneficiaries will be stopped from claiming otherwise because of my representations to the Released Parties.
I BY THIS INSTRUMENT AGREE TO EXEMPT AND RELEASE MY INSTRUCTORS, SCUBA 2000's Staff, THE FACILITY THROUGH WHICH I RECEIVE MY INSTRUCTION, 2536267 Ontario Inc dba Scuba2000, AND PADI AMERICAS, INC., AND ALL RELATED ENTITIES AS DEFINED ABOVE, FROM ALL LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY WHATSOEVER FOR PERSONAL INJURY, PROPERTY DAMAGE OR WRONGFUL DEATH HOWEVER CAUSED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASED PARTIES, WHETHER PASSIVE OR ACTIVE. I HAVE FULLY INFORMED MYSELF AND MY HEIRS OF THE CONTENTS OF THIS NON-AGENCY DISCLOSURE AND ACKNOWLDGEMENT AGREEMENT AND LIABILITY RELEASE AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT BY READING BOTH BEFORE SIGNING BELOW ON BEHALF OF MYSELF AND MY HEIRS