Greetings Work Weekenders!
We had a great summer and we want to carry that momentum through the off-season. The focus of both the October and November work weekends will be the new tripping building. For the past 4 years, tripping has been run out of a prefab shed. It has done well but can no longer keep pace with operations. We need your help to get this key building in place for 2024.
A few general reminders…
- Married couple housing is limited at DL. In some cases, couples may need to stay with other couples or in separate cabins. We do not have housing for families.
- Remember to bring your own WARM bedding, towels, flashlight, etc.
- Remember that spring in the mountains can be cold or hot. Bring warm clothing. Please check the weather for Glenville, NC in the days leading up to the work weekend.
- Pets are not allowed
- Work weekend is for adults. If you wish to bring someone who is under 18, please clear this with Chief Nick ahead of time.
- Meals begin Friday evening at 7:00 p.m. and will conclude Monday at lunch. We welcome homemade cookies, cakes, desserts, etc.
We look forward to a great time of renewal: For Deerfoot’s facilities, and for many of us personally as we enjoy fellowship and contribute work toward Deerfoot’s mission to build Godly men. See you there!