Email is a convenient method for communicating with your clinician for NON-EMERGENCY purposes. Email communication will be handled with the same degree of privacy and confidentiality as written communication.
Standard email communication services, such as Gmail or Outlook have some security vulnerabilities. Although unlikely; this means that the email messages that are not encrypted and can be potentially intercepted and read by unauthorized individuals. Your email address will not be used for external marketing purposes.
- Your clinician may direct your email messages to other members of the staff for information purposes, or for expediting a response.
- Every attempt will be made to respond to your email message within 2 business days (Monday - Friday. Non-holidays). If you do not receive a response from the practice within 2 business days, please contact your clinician by phone.
- Email ccorrespondences could be incorporated into your medical record. You are advised to retain all electronic correspondence for your own files.
- Email messages are not appropriate for emergencies or time-sensitive situations. In the event of a medical emergency, you should immediately call 911.
- Email can be an quick way to communicate factual information, brief status updates, coordinate appointments, and to inquire about billing matters.
- For emergency or time sensitive situations, you should contact the practice by phone. Email messages should be concise.
- Please arrange for an office appointment if the issue is too complex or sensitive to discuss via email.
- Communicate clearly. Do not use slang or texting shortcuts.
- I have read the above description of the risks and responsibilities associated with electronic communication.
- I acknowledge that commonly used email services are not secure and fall outside of the security requirements set forth by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act for the transmission of protected health information
- I acknowledge that I can discuss any questions regarding electronic communication with my provider.
- In consideration for my desire to use electronic communication as an adjunct to in-person office visits with my clinician, I herby consent to electronic communication via non-secure email services such as Google or Outlook.
- I acknowledge that I can remove my consent for communication at any time, by contacting our office.
- I agree to comply with the patient responsibilities as outlined in this consent.
- I agree and release my provider and practice from any and all liability that may occur due to electronic communication over an email platform.