Ring-in the coming Holiday Season with some competitive play!
The Virginia Chess Federation (VCF) thanks you for your interest and participation in the Northern Virginia Open. This is the 25th year for this great annual event in northern Virginia. Registering and paying in advance saves you time, allowing you to avoid the "last minute line" at the tournament site.
TO REGISTER: Fill out the form below and submit payment using the secure PayPal payment website. You can either use your Credit Card or your PayPal account. Required information is indicated with a red asterix (*). Registration is complete and your information is submitted to tournament organizers as soon as your PayPal payment is processed.
- $125 now through Saturday, Nov 11, 2023
- Increases to $150 on Sunday Nov 12th.
- $175 starting Thursday Nov 16th and On-site.
- We will retain $5 from every withdrawal prior to Round 1, no refunds after Round 1 begins.
- On-site Registration 3-6:45PM Friday Nov 17th, and 7:30-9:15AM on Saturday morning Nov 18th. Players not registered by 9:15 risk not being paired for Round 1 (10 AM).
Championship and Under 1800 Sections play Friday - Sunday
NOVICE Section plays only Saturday and Sunday.
This tournament--the Championship and Under 1800 Sections are FIDE and US Chess rated. The NO-SHOW / Default rule for the main event games is 60-minutes for late players. The Novice Section is US Chess rated only. All players must be members of the U.S. Chess Federation. US Chess memberships are available on-site. Cash, check or credit cards accepted. All Virginia Residents are required to be members of the VA Chess Federation, these also are available on site.