The Higher Education Protection Network (HEPNet) was established in 2017. The steering committee members that signed the articles of incorporation consisted of Ann Franke (Wise Results, LLC), Omar Andujar (University of Florida and then University of Connecticut at inception), Anne Koester (Georgetown University at inception), Lindsay Bond (The Ohio State University at inception), Dawn Riddle (Vanderbilt University at inception), and Sandy Weaver (Pennsylvania State University at inception). The Founders Scholarship was established in 2022 as part of our 5-year celebration as a way to recognize our founders and to give the gift of HEPNet to others.
This award enables youth protection professionals who lack institutional financial support to have an opportunity to participate in HEPNet membership benefits. The HEPNet finance committee will select the scholarship winner.
Scholarships are valued at approximately $250 and include:
- Complimentary 1 year higher ed individual membership to HEPNet
Who is Eligible?
- Work in or are associated with higher education that could benefit from HEPNet membership
- Do not have organizational support to obtain membership
How to Apply
Complete this online application form to include:
- Contact & demographic information
- Three essay questions about your career and learning objectives
- Your resume
- A statement of support from a supervisor that includes the inability for the institution to pay for the membership*
- Complete responses, including the supervisor statement, must be received by November 1, 2023
*Statement must be completed by a supervisor and be on university letterhead. The applicant must request the statement of support through the online application. The statement of support is made up of a series of short answer questions and must be completed via invitation through the online application. Statements from those other than supervisors or an individual in a leadership position will not be accepted.
The review committee will select one individual whom they believe are most likely to leverage the opportunity. They will seek a candidate who is eager to learn and plan to apply the skills and knowledge gained to benefit their careers, their organizations, and their communities. New youth protection professionals are encouraged to apply.
All applicants will be notified of results via email by close of business on November 30, 2023.
Expectations of Scholarship Recipients
If selected for an award, winner will be encouraged to serve on a committee starting in January 2024.