DATA PROTECTION NOTICE
Your Personal Data
1. The Yarmouth Sailing Club (YSC) and the Royal Solent Yacht Club (RSYC) will always adhere to the current data protection legislation and takes seriously its responsibilities to protect personal data. All information provided on this Conditions of Entry form (excluding payment details) will be stored on RSYC computers and those of our Website Provider (Peekaboo/Pepper Creative), so that we can manage your entries to the racing events at the YSC and RSYC at the IW Youth and Junior Dinghy Championship 2023.
2. Management of your race entries includes, but is not limited to, assigning your boat to the correct class, checking your boat's rating, sending necessary materials to you via email, contacting you via phone or email to resolve any queries regarding your entries, contacting you to inform you of messages, protests and other key information, producing results in Halsail and publishing them in the Clubs and on the websites and providing printed and electronic lists that include the skipper's name and the boat details (sail number, design and length) to our race management team.
3. A subset of your data will be publicly visible on our website and in the Clubs in the form of 'Competitor Lists' and in the form of 'Results Lists', which may also be distributed to other entrants. Details may include, but are not limited to: Division, group, boat type, sail number, club, name of owner/helm, name of entrant and handicap rating.
4. We will retain your personal data on our computers so that you can make an entry to other RSYC events without needing to re-enter all the information. We will also retain the website data as a historic public record of your participation in sailing at the RSYC. You may request to see the personal information that we hold about you at any time and/or request that such personal information is deleted.
5. The Clubs may arrange for photographs or videos to be taken, both ashore and on-the-water, for publication on our websites, in our magazines, in sailing related media channels and via social media channels to promote the Clubs. The entrant authorises the use of their name, voice, picture and video along with any information provided on the Condition of Entry form to be used without payment in any broadcast, telecast, communication, promotion, or advertising. The entrant also agrees that the information provided may be used by the event organisers for the purpose of promoting future or other events.