2024 Confer Radio Talent Institute
Application for Admission
- What: Confer Radio Talent Institute
- Where: Bloomsburg University of PA
- When: Monday, May 20 - Saturday, May 25, 2024
- Attended By: College students, recent graduates, grad students, interns, and part-timers at radio or TV stations
- LIMITED CLASS SIZE: A maximum of 25
- Registration Cost (does not include housing or parking): $395 per person
- Housing: On-campus housing is available for an additional cost.
- Application Deadline: March 15, 2024
- A GPA of 2.5 or higher (you can ask for a waiver if lower)
- A completed application form.
- It is beneficial, though not mandatory, that the student is a broadcast major or minor and/or already works at the college radio station, or interned at a radio station. We have accepted students from other majors including business, marketing, PR, advertising, english, photography, accounting, etc. who are working successfully in the industry.
Please have all of the following available when you begin your application:
- Current resume
- A two-page essay addressing (Double-Spaced) :
- Why you want to be in this program
- Why you want to pursue a career in broadcasting
- What you hope to gain by attending this institute
- Air check, sales dialogue or other
- If interested in on-air and programming (news, sports, air talent, etc.), please submit a 2-4 minute audio or video air-check. See "How To Create an Aircheck".
- If interested in sales or management, please submit a written sales presentation. See "How To Create a Sales Dialogue".
- Also, submit two references.
- If interested in other aspects of broadcasting (IT or engineering, writing, promotions/marketing, broadcast law, video) you can submit material that represents your interests, it may be from a class project, podcast, blog, etc.
- OPTIONAL: One letter of recommendation (this can be from a professor, an employer, etc.)
Curriculum and subject matter: Will range from on-air performance to programming to sales, sports, news, management, production, promotions, social media, digital, video, podcasting, engineering, and practically all aspects of radio. The program will place emphasis on entry-level position preparation to help each student get their career started.
Materials: Each student will receive a notebook, containing the schedule of events, guest speaker bios and photos, Institute student bios and photos, etc., and a t-shirt and bag.
Computer: A laptop / tablet is required.
Acceptance: If accepted, you will be notified within one week of submission. You will then be prompted to register and finalize your acceptance.
If you do not have lodging during the 6 nights, On-Campus Housing is available at Bloomsburg University for an additional $40 per night for double occupancy (two-in-a-room) ($240 Total.) University on-campus parking is available for $30 for all 6-days.
Check-in is Sunday, May 19
check-out is Saturday, May 25.