The Volunteer desires to participate and work in Habitat's home building program, and any activities related to the work. The Volunteer understands that the activities may include constructing and rehabilitating residential buildings, being transported to and from work locations, and consuming food and living in accommodations donated for the work.
The Volunteer voluntarily executes this Release under the following terms:
1. Waiver and Release: Volunteer releases and holds harmless Habitat and its successors and assigns from any and all liability, claims and demands of whatever kind or nature, either in law or in equity, which arise or may hereafter arise from Volunteer's participation in Habitat's home building program. Volunteer understands that this Release discharges Habitat from any liability or claim that the Volunteer may have against Habitat with respect to any bodily injury, personal injury, illness, death or property damage that may result from Volunteer's participation in Habitat's home building program. Volunteer also understands that Habitat does not assume any responsibility for or obligation to provide financial assistance or other assistance, including but not limited to medical, health, or disability insurance.
2. Medical Treatment: Volunteer does hereby release and forever discharge Habitat from any claim whatsoever which arises or may hereafter arise on account of any first aid, treatment, or service rendered in connection with the Volunteer's participation in Habitat's home building program.
3. Assumption of the Risk: The Volunteer understands that the participation in Habitat's home building program may include activities that may be hazardous to the Volunteer and that the food, accommodations, and medical facilities may be donated to Habitat and beyond the control of Habitat. Volunteer hereby expressly and specifically assumes the risk of injury or harm in these activities and releases Habitat from all liability for injury, illness, death or property damage resulting from the activities of the Volunteer's participation in Habitat's home building program.
4. Insurance: The Volunteer understands that Habitat is not obligated to carry insurance or maintain health, medical, or disability insurance coverage for any Volunteer. Each Volunteer is expected and encouraged to arrive with medical or health insurance coverage in effect.
5. Photographic Release: Volunteer does hereby grant and convey unto Habitat all right, title and interest in any and all photographic images and video or audio recordings made by Habitat during Habitat's home building program, ReStore or Neighborhood Revitalization program, including but not limited to, any royalties, proceeds or other benefits derived from such photographs or recordings.
6. Other: Volunteer expressly agrees that this Release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of Florida, and that this Release shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida. Volunteer agrees that in the event that any clause or provision of this Release shall be held to be invalid by any court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such clause or provision shall not otherwise affect the remaining provisions of this Release which shall continue to be enforceable.
7. If volunteer work is performed in the Habitat office, it is understood that confidentiality is of the upmost importance.
PLEASE FILL OUT THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION COMPLETELY: