COM/COL Policy and Requirements
All American Leather Collections are available in COM/COL. To maintain quality standards and quick delivery expected from American Leather, each COM/COL order must adhere to the following requirements:
- Do not send COM/COL material without having an American Leather PO/Order number.
- Refer to the COM/COL yardage requirements included in this section and on the COM/COL guides.
- A completed COM/COL information sheet must be submitted with each purchase order. Please note all COM fabrics must comply with CAL TB117-2013 without flame retardant chemicals. If certifications cannot be obtained, a barrier cloth will be applied during the upholstery process. Be aware certain styles cannot be upholstered with a barrier cloth, and the fabric will be rejected. Check the link on the pricelist for styles/SKUs that cannot have the barrier cloth.
- If a backing is deemed necessary during the inspection process, the COM will be sent for backing, and notification will be provided regarding the additional lead time.
- COM yardage must be received in continuous rolls. Short ends may cause shade variation which American Leather cannot control and will not be responsible for. COL in full hides only
- Please note that some fabric/leather defects may not present themselves before the upholstery process. In this case, America Leather will not be responsible for replacement or repair. Furthermore, our inspection process will not and cannot determine if all COM/COL is appropriate for the intended purpose. As an example, seam slippage or durability are not part of our testing process and should any of these issues occur after production, American Leather will not be responsible for COM replacement or repair.
- We do not guarantee against excess or shortage on COM/COL due to variations in patterns and cutting characteristics.
- Seaming details may vary from those on showroom samples or on photographic literature with certain narrow or patented fabrics. These changes are made at the discretion of the factory as required.
- If a customer has a checkered, plaid, or horizontal striped fabric, please contact American Leather® for additional yardage requirements, as the welt for these must be cut on the bias.
- Any velvet/mohair materials that are not shipped suspended will likely have creases, markings, and damaged or missing pile. Creases and markings may be removed with steam or time. American Leather will not be responsible if the creases cannot be removed with steam after upholstery. The retailer/customer is responsible for how the material is shipped to American Leather
- We reserve the right to refrain from applying any COM/COL, that we deem to be unworkable.
- COM/COL orders are not returnable for any reason.
- American Leather is not responsible for using match point on fabric if not specified.
- By submitting a purchase order and COM/COL, you are agreeing to this policy.
- The lead time starts once American Leather receives COM/COL material.