Our Statement of Faith
As partners with one another in the education of our children, it is necessary to ensure that we are in agreement regarding our expectations of one another. Therefore, we have set forth the guidelines below to ensure that we are like-minded concerning the following doctrines of our faith and the instruction of our children.
- We believe in one God who is eternally present in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, Jesus Christ, and God the Holy Spirit. (Mark 1:10)
- We believe that God is the creator of the vast universe, and His handiwork is evident in His people and in all of creation. (Genesis 1:1)
- We believe the Bible to be the infallible word of God and useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting, and training in righteousness. (2 Timothy 3:16 and 2 Peter 1:3)
- We believe that all "fall short" of the glory of God and that Jesus Christ is the ONLY way of salvation. We believe that to be a faithful disciple of Christ one must have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ our Savior. (Romans 3:23, John 14:6, and Acts 16:31)
- We believe that human life is sacred from the moment of conception until natural death, and we profess a pro-life worldview. (Psalm 139:19)
- We believe that God has ordained marriage to be between one man and one woman. (Mark 10:7)
Although we may disagree on other points of doctrine, we agree to be respectful of the different Christian faith backgrounds at Frederick East Classical and agree to be in healthy conversations that grow us into faithful disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ.